Does anyone knows the reasoning for the red you can not do that means.

tomanytomorrows

I am putting in a prefab house in Starlight Drive In on the side of the collapsed awning but the red you can not do that is saying no. From what I learned so far in this round of play through if the red you can not do that comes up there is a, sometimes, work around. For example I could not build a cement shack foundation, but if I use a barn foundation, why does that floor look so good for a barn :), and rise it up to the height of the fence I can place the foundation in. So can anyone explain what, in easy to understand :), or why I am blocked from building some where where there is space, forget about ground being level most of building float some where.

The red is when the game does not want you to build there because the bldg would collide with something else.

Both for immersion purposes ( cna t build a table in the river or the air) or if there is a conflict with something else that exists in the game.

there is a mod that lets you igonre that and lets u build anywhere.

usually just deal with it and try different twists and turns to see if it will fit close to where I want it.

And if not ,in Starlight you certainly have lots of other spaces... :)

:smile: What mod is that, thank you?

Here you go Sir.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9424

I have never tested the mod myself so try at own risk.

:smile:

I have been using it for years without issue. I love it. :D

take this mod care for existing and conflicting precombines ? if not it can severely cripple game performance using it in a low fps/busy surrounding.

so just be aware of the built in fo4 performance optimization "previs/precombines". it exists everywhere and you can destroy it.

Here you go Sir.

take this mod care for existing and conflicting precombines ? if not it can severely cripple game performance using it in a low fps/busy surrounding.

so just be aware of the built in fo4 performance optimization "previs/precombines". it exists everywhere and you can destroy it.

I think you might be confusing "Place Everywhere" with "Scrap Everything".

Here you go Sir.

Previs and Precombines don't exist in settlement areas in my game.

Previs and Precombines don't exist in settlement areas in my game.

Previs and precombines are all over the Commonwealth, including settlements. Thankfully, it's not possible to break them in Workshop Mode.

Unless you have a mod that removes them. :)