Devs say Baldurs Gate 3 shouldn't be a "baseline" for rpgs from other devs- I disagree and here's why

Surperion

Went to see what the game is about due to all the hype, seen for what it is aggressive marketing featured in many "gaming" magazines which gives scores based on the marketing funds and networkings, and else where, and the marketing from echo chamber mind hive fan hype. I played this game since early release, they been following same modern formula that larian does with rest of their titles while cashing/ using the legacy name of D&D.

On top of all it always shaves their diversity and SJW, politically correct, shishow of poltics of ceo and studio. I play games not to get lectured, virtue signaling, but rather for entertainment value to escape the political/ lobby shitshow. Majority of companions are the same cringe s#*! show of diversity, politically correct, SJW , woke that goes in many garbage AAA games and Hollycrap movies and conmics that instead of entertainment push their own ceo/ studio politics and go to all kind of BS to defend it.

And table top DND games and, AAA gaming have been for some time at lowest of standards and used graphics marketing , and shaved their own ceo and studio stances and politics in gaming, they bend all the way backward in finding different excuses to justify the fact they put their own studio and coe political stances in games, Baldur gate 3 is no exception is a norm a part of to the shitshow, not an exception.

Edited by codeinject202

Went to see what the game is about due to all the hype, seen for what it is aggressive marketing featured in many "gaming" magazines which gives scores based on the marketing funds and networkings, and else where, and the marketing from echo chamber mind hive fan hype. I played this game since early release, they been following same modern formula that larian does with rest of their titles while cashing/ using the legacy name of D&D.

On top of all it always shaves their diversity and SJW, politically correct, shishow of poltics of ceo and studio. I play games not to get lectured, virtue signaling, but rather for entertainment value to escape the political/ lobby shitshow. Majority of companions are the same cringe s#*! show of diversity, politically correct, SJW , woke that goes in many garbage AAA games and Hollycrap movies and conmics that instead of entertainment push their own ceo/ studio politics and go to all kind of BS to defend it.

And table top DND games and, AAA gaming have been for some time at lowest of standards and used graphics marketing , and shaved their own ceo and studio stances and politics in gaming, they bend all the way backward in finding different excuses to justify the fact they put their own studio and coe political stances in games, Baldur gate 3 is no exception is a norm a part of to the shitshow, not an exception.

Are you some kind of AI that's gone wrong? this unhinged rant adds nothing to the conversation, if want to make a point about something do it without all the alt-right edgelord nonsense.

Guest deleted34304850

LOL! Clown! I bet dollars to donuts you're a yank.

I saw Asmongold reaction video about those twitter posts and some other youtuber, who compared it to Destiny 2 and their "don't overdeliver it" philosophy. Well Destiny 2 is such a typical example of "destroy the main game, so players would buy our newest expansion and praise us for changing for the better, while we do it on purpose" which started with Blizzard and WOW, but nobody didnt notice it or didn't want to criticize Blizzard at that time. So I get why players are angry - it is so twisted it makes you feel sick so you don't want to play games anymore.

But this reaction started with small dev scared from angry gamers reaction, which wasn't "the right place and the time" I would say and only made everything worse. AA games should be about innovative mechanics and freedom, while they copy AAA games with pseudo realistic graphics and failing anyway. They would do that mistake even without BG3 success. It is hard to say why Larian games are so popular for me, but it didn't start with super realistic graphics and 3 and more voiced dialogue options - that is all I would tell to those "scared devs".

LOL! Clown! I bet dollars to donuts you're a yank.

And I bet you dollars your a clown using logical fallacies and ad hominems.

Edited by invictusthraex

Are you some kind of AI that's gone wrong? this unhinged rant adds nothing to the conversation, if want to make a point about something do it without all the alt-right edgelord nonsense.

Logical fallacies are not valid counter argument just saying.

Edited by invictusthraex

Why would they bother with counter-arguments? They're all already there at the beginning of the thread. If the newer respondents don't read it and instead rant about conspiracy theories and wokeness, why would anyone engage with them seriously?

I saw Asmongold reaction video about those twitter posts and some other youtuber, who compared it to Destiny 2 and their "don't overdeliver it" philosophy. Well Destiny 2 is such a typical example of "destroy the main game, so players would buy our newest expansion and praise us for changing for the better, while we do it on purpose" which started with Blizzard and WOW, but nobody didnt notice it or didn't want to criticize Blizzard at that time. So I get why players are angry - it is so twisted it makes you feel sick so you don't want to play games anymore.

But this reaction started with small dev scared from angry gamers reaction, which wasn't "the right place and the time" I would say and only made everything worse. AA games should be about innovative mechanics and freedom, while they copy AAA games with pseudo realistic graphics and failing anyway. They would do that mistake even without BG3 success. It is hard to say why Larian games are so popular for me, but it didn't start with super realistic graphics and 3 and more voiced dialogue options - that is all I would tell to those "scared devs".

This is not what happened at all and it's why you should find things out for yourself rather than listen to YouTubers looking for rage clicks.

This is what was said, read it, it's bears no resemblance to what the clickbait YouTubers are saying (4) Xalavier Nelson Jr. 🔜 PAX West on X: "Like a lot of people, I'm deeply excited about what the lovely folks at Larian accomplished with Baldur's Gate 3, but I want to gently, pre-emptively push back against players taking that excitement and using it to apply criticism or a "raised standard" to RPGs going forward 1/10" / X (twitter.com)

A link for those who can't access Twitter. Thread by @WritNelson on Thread Reader App – Thread Reader App

Industry veterans found themselves under attack for agreeing with him, not by angry gamers but by entitled ones who don't care if devs would have to work themselves into the ground or if studios end up going under as long at they get bigger games. FFS entitled gamers were telling the likes of Josh Sawyer how to make games, it was ridiculous.

Society is going backwards, less and less people stop to think before picking up the pitchforks and flaming torches, we have the equivalent of 17th century lynch mobs on YouTube and Twitter, if you choose to be part of that then that's on you, but it really isn't a good look.

Guest deleted34304850

Look at you trying to be all clever and using words you, or one of your myriad alter ego accounts cut/pased out of Google, hence why it doesn't make sense in the context you supplied.

Then you went and got banned. I blame the democrats. This wouldn't happen under Trump!

Ya clown!

Look at you trying to be all clever and using words you, or one of your myriad alter ego accounts cut/pased out of Google, hence why it doesn't make sense in the context you supplied.

Then you went and got banned. I blame the democrats. This wouldn't happen under Trump!

Ya clown!

Nah, Trump woulda banned him too. :D