can you help me?

Amfgar

hi im new to this modding stuff. i was really hoping someone or even a few someones might be willing to help me create a list of mods for fallout4. i have a pretty old computer setup ive been told its a 1660 super ti i think they said. i know i was stupid for it however i bought the goty version from microsoft store. it was half the price and i didnt have much left. spent almost all the money getting this used pc. i hope its not asking to much. im just looking for some mods to increase my performance and give me a boost if possible. then i want to use all that was gained to have a great experience with a decent amount of rp maybe some cool guns that arent to op and some things to make the world look as good as it can be for my pc. that and if you have any other ideas for a fun play through. any help would be greatly appreciated.

also i keep seeing this high fps physics fix mod in videos where people are going over mods to get for xbox but when i read the stuff it says it requires the f4se mod which says that its only for steam. does it work with the microsoft store version or are they just bsing? Is there a work around for the f4se mod?

Most mods are to add content which will generally not help your performance.

But some do help.

I ran fallout 4 with mods successfully on a lower spec computer witha NVIDOA 760 ti card 16GB of RAM and a decent CPU , i7 9700.

How to get started with mods:

- Download Vortex as your mod manager ( there are others but thats the one I use)

- download F4SE from an external site (silverlock or somethingdo a search) then install it into Vortex from the download folder

- Now add your mods as you desire.

- the order of mods may be important and depending on your machine you may experience slowdowns if its alot of mods.

Do we have any idea just WHEN that update is going to come out?

No, but rumor has it they won't release it before Starfield.

do you all have any recommendations for a rp playthrough with a few guns and anything else? what do you all think of that sim settlemements 2?

If performance is a priority, select visual mods (HD textures, high-poly meshes) carefully. They're not necessarily "GPU heavy" of course. Check FPS before and after installing such mods. (For weapon mods, usually the best time to test FPS is while shooting).

Sim Settlements is a script heavy mod but it shouldn't cause low FPS.

i would not recommend ss2 as a mod to start with. as said it is scripted and it adds content and clutter dynamically in the background. at least in my game it produced a number of settlement and save related instabilities i do not encounter since i dropped this mod. maybe all this is fixed in the meantime but i prefer to be able to identify game instabilities which is much easier without the additional problems i experienced with this mod.