If I pay for a membership do I have improved servers?

Kulharin

I realize Nexus is hugely popular and used by a lot of people, but I find in the evenings and weekends the servers are extremely poor. Most of the time I'll need to re-load a page or re-do a search and when downloading mods through NMM 75% of the time I hit busy servers, server unreachable, or a "error file not found"

Would a membership improve this and give access to premium servers?

Edited by Kulharin

I intend to get premium membership this month, too. Aside from being worth it (by all accounts), I'd consider it a donation to a very worthwhile site. I play half of the games covered by Nexus and all of the games have been vastly improved by the selfless work of everyone involved in the mods. It's also great to have a place to chat about the games (something I can't do with friends or my wife due to their lack of interest - crazy people!).

Everyone uses the same servers for browsing the sites. There are Premium-only download servers but most of them are currently being replaced so if you were buying Premium solely for that reason then I'd wait a few days.

NMM is a little bit wonky at the moment. You really should just manual download + drag&drop in to NMM at these periods until we can come up with a permanent fix for the download issues in NMM.

When the premium download servers were up it was pretty nice to get downloads super fast.

I personaly find it worthwhile since I like seeing my full download history and tracking centre availiable.

NMM is a little bit wonky at the moment. You really should just manual download + drag&drop in to NMM at these periods until we can come up with a permanent fix for the download issues in NMM.

Now someone just told me that could not be done: Mods could not be independently downloaded and copied into the Mods folders for later installation by NMM.

That aside, is it still possible to sign up for a free account? When I looked into it yesterday for someone else, there were nothing but pay options, as far as I could tell.

Myself, I think I will sign up for a premium account, owing to improvements in the NMM software over the years.

Edited by SirGalahad

@Galahad

Now someone just told me that could not be done: Mods could not be independently downloaded and copied into the Mods folders for later installation by NMM.

Who are you going to believe, that someone? Or the Site owner and Webmaster? :cool:

Yes, they CAN be manually downloaded - and then installed using the NMM. There is a feature just for that (just copying will not work as the mods are all in a zipped format when downloaded) . And, if you manually install without even going through NMM at all, NMM will even see that the mod is there and allow you to change it's load order.

That aside, is it still possible to sign up for a free account? When I looked into it yesterday for someone else, there were nothing but pay options, as far as I could tell.

The Nexus sites have always been free to sign up for. The Premium accounts do cost. But everyone still gets the same mods. There are some other benefits that I think make it worth paying for though. :thumbsup:

When I bought the 1 month premiumship I had my little cup of issues (it was around early december - which covered the "steam sales tsunami of newcomers" and "Nexus unifying the servers" - so it was pretty much a war field), This made specially hard (at some times) to search for mods (therefore not being able to download)....

But honestly, I really didn't mind...

I didn't see my purchase of the 1-month premium (which is only £ 3 or so) as the hiring a service. For me, it was more like my thanks (and little support) towards the people responsable for maintaining the site.