Downloading and file serving changes

Dark0ne

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #11181561. #11199452 is also a reply to the same post.

Would that it were true. Downloaders who have installed an adblocker and who aren't Supporters are completely "free", leeching users. They provide absolutely no financial benefit to the upkeep of the sites.

In response to post #11181561. #11199452, #11200779 are all replies on the same post.

Thanks for the reminder to turn off adblock. Honestly, I forget sometimes. Have you considered checking if people are running an adblocker and displaying an unobtrusive reminder to turn off adblock to those who do have it running? I'm sure a lot of us mostly just use it by habit and would be willing to turn it off on sites we enjoy.

This is off topic but I'm just throwing this out there because it happened to come to mind a couple seconds ago when I was temporarily deafened. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, get rid of advertisements that randomly make sound or make sound on mouse overs.

While I do not mind silent advertisements and also completely understand that advertisements are necessary to provide the free service, the ones that make sound on screen load or sound on mouse over are absolutely the most annoying thing here on the Nexus. I'm just informing yall at the Nexus that from a user's perspective those advertisements that make sound are extremely intrusive and kind of make me feel violated.

I could care less about additional features at this time when I compare it to how much I absolutely hate advertisements that make sound. It doesn't matter if my volume is turned down really low, those sneaky advertisements making sound unexpectedly always give me a little scare and drive me bat crazy. I mean they just make me want to fly off the handle and break something. Just throwing that out there.

As always, thanks for everything yall have done with the Nexus. I do appreciate the hard work, just please, get rid of advertisements that make sound on load or sound on mouse over. Hopefully I'm not the only person that feels this way about them but ever since they started showing up it's just been a constant awful thing.

Edited by Nightasy