⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Changelog locks vortex - need to use task manager to terminate it

Guest deleted34304850

Guest deleted34304850

New update, I go to view the changelog via the option in the app.

this action locks vortex up completely.

have to use task manager to terminate the app, which then provokes the update process which is something i didn't want because the changelogs post-tannin tell users nothing.

but here we are.

slowly eroding any positive reputation vortex had, one change at a time.

Can confirm that that happened on mine too. Although I wasn't evading update but just wanted to review changelogs prior to, though nothing terrible happened as a result (beside the point). Had thought it was maybe bc I had Changelog Dashlet extension disabled bc I enjoy living dangerously minimal but wasn't going to reset to default to test that theory.
I usually ignore and keep with stable but are there any betas for these versions anymore?
Or is just being dropped right into main branch?
Edited by vortexposer

Guest deleted34304850

i was trying to do the same - just read what's changed and decide if i wanted to update. the lockup/termination helpfully provoked it to update even though i was opted out of updates.

going forward, the paucity of information in the "change logs" means i'll just keep this product as-is because i have zero trust in the ability of the developers/maintainers to make this tool even as good as it used to be. each update breaks more and more stuff and honestly, im sick of it.

Guest deleted34304850

the new update brought in an update to electron (according to the change log), which means that when i selected the view change log option which would show me the changes yet to be implemented, i was still on the original electron version 25.3.1

now my vortex updated, i'm on the newer version of electron. 25.8.1.