I doubt much can or will be done with this game.

shoringu

I doubt modders will be able to do much with this game other than your usual nood and s#x mods.. the game has no replay value and is quite frankly boring during and after you beat it...also microsoft purchased the studio and we all know how microsoft is the disney star wars of the video game industry..I think all future releases from this company are doomed to fail because with microsoft there is just too much politics, totalitarianism, and messaging/censoring/gaslighting/propaganda etc (we cant even have an evil playthrough to kill NPCs or factions) its ludicrous..even the Nexus is censoring mods now :sad:...I hope im wrong but doubtfull..Im even worried alll the pc and wokeism will also carry over into the next elderscrolls game (dont get your hopes up).. its so sad to see such greatness be subverted into failure.

Just look at how years ago when microsoft started talking about aquiring activision blizzard...suddenly COD started removing in game chat and trash talk, severely punishing aggressive playstyles and pampering the weak, then proceeded to seperate people from lobbies after each match .and now every COD for the past 4 years has been abysmal.. the future looks bleak for gaming.

we need a miracle/savior...or to just go out and touch grass for a while...speak with your wallet and time...or maybe just read a book or two for escapism.

I think you seriously underestimate modders. I expect to see some pretty dramatic improvements in gameplay, additional content, more quests, more locations, etc. This game has a LOT of potential for modders.

I think the real question is will the serious modders even bother with this.

Afterall, it's basically Skyrim and Fallout in space, so what it the point in reinventing the wheel?

This games biggest failure is it is a NEW IP that just feels like another cash grab on old IP's.

Edited by fraquar

Afterall, it's basically Skyrim and Fallout in space, so what it the point in reinventing the wheel?

This games biggest failure is it is a NEW IP that just feels like another cash grab on old IP's.

Oh, wow, Beth's new game is similar to their old games.... I am stunned I tell you, STUNNED.

Starfield has one problem. The demands on rendering and machining capabilities are too high. ue5 on the old 1080ti is capable of rendering a photorealistic scene of 3-5 billion polygons at 40-60 frames per second. There is a video from 2020 where ue5 processes 16 billion polygons in a scene. ce is not capable of drawing 5 hundred million polygons onto the stage on the most modern video card. ce is good for local scenes with carefully crafted plots and well-designed interiors. Large open worlds are a bad strategy for our beloved engine.If I were making a game about space on CE, I would make something like the movie Pandorum. The world is a giant starship with a large number of interiors with different physics... Controlled civilized zones with gravity, disaster zones; weightlessness, flooded, radiation, frozen with liquid nitrogen, etc. It would turn out to be a survival game and with a good, deep plot, this would become an acceptable world for the possibilities of ce.

280+ hours, still loving it.

The main story was forgettable and honestly did not care for it or the tedious companions, but the combat, ship building, skills, base management and side missions have been brilliant.

Crew you can pick up in bars have some great skills and never complain about a life of piracy.

I use approx. 20 mods without any issues

Hey OP are you by chance an Asmongold fan? Because you sound like one honestly. Did you like the game too when he was still enjoying it? But now he openly doesn't like it and just hates on it for content his "followers" hate it it too.

If you aren't then I think you under estimate how Bethesda does expansions and how modders shape the games bethesda makes, currently even without proper modding tools you have alot of replayability but only if you have your own ability to produce head canon cos that's what most BGS games are..

I guess some people just have too short of an attention span these days which is why all these battle royale games and competitive shooters are so popular no imagination needed.

Oh, wow, Beth's new game is similar to their old games.... I am stunned I tell you, STUNNED.

Copy, paste and change the graphics? That kind of similar?

Lets be honest here.

This is a new IP, where is the innovation?

Fast Travel to get between planets? LOL.

Even a single modder figured out how to make a crude way to drive a motorcycle in Fallout 4.....

Wasn't perfect by any means, but DAMN it was immersive.

Meanwhile, in Starfield just continue to watch loading screens as you travel in the galaxy......

Starfield has one problem. The demands on rendering and machining capabilities are too high. ue5 on the old 1080ti is capable of rendering a photorealistic scene of 3-5 billion polygons at 40-60 frames per second. There is a video from 2020 where ue5 processes 16 billion polygons in a scene. ce is not capable of drawing 5 hundred million polygons onto the stage on the most modern video card. ce is good for local scenes with carefully crafted plots and well-designed interiors. Large open worlds are a bad strategy for our beloved engine.If I were making a game about space on CE, I would make something like the movie Pandorum. The world is a giant starship with a large number of interiors with different physics... Controlled civilized zones with gravity, disaster zones; weightlessness, flooded, radiation, frozen with liquid nitrogen, etc. It would turn out to be a survival game and with a good, deep plot, this would become an acceptable world for the possibilities of ce.

Lets be honest here.

They couldn't even optimize their own HD Texture Pack for Fallout 4 (and never bothered to fix it I might add)

Giving them and even larger machine requirement was only going to end one way...