New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

On 1/31/2024 at 2:45 PM, AndalayBay said:

I'm browsing anonymously and have been doing so since the upgrade.

Thanks for responding to my question about that.  I always see myself listed at the bottom when I'm browsing forums.  It does clear a few minutes after I logout, and I don't know how to interpret that set of information.

Does everyone see their own name even if no one else does?

Also, I haven't found any Profile settings related to masking online status or anonymous browsing.

If anyone has any additional info to offer, I would appreciate it.

3 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

If you see your name at the bottom of the topic or at the bottom of the forums, then you’re not browsing anonymously.

It is set in my profile to browse anonymously. Yet on some posts I see my name on the bottom under "currently online", and on other posts I don't. This is very strange.

I think I figured it out. I've been toggling Beta profile on and off, and I think it may have messed things up. I had to go to my preferences and confirm that I wanted anonymous browsing, and now I don't see my name in any of the threads. I think that flag got toggled somehow with the switch to Beta and back.

2 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

@LenaWolfBravil

Since you and I seem to frequent the same topics and are actively responding, I think I would have seen you. I do look at who else is in the thread, I do not think I have seen your name ever listed. So might be some other buggy thing.

Not a bug, I enabled anonymous browsing. 🙂 I get freaked out when people can see which sites I'm browsing... 🙄 Sorry. 🙂

After all this time - I finally seem to have worked it out.

I found where I could set this under Account Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Online Status.

I don't believe I had access to that before.  I've been looking for quite awhile, ever since the migration, and hadn't been able to find any way to mask my online status or enable anonymous browsing.  Since I changed the setting, I no longer see myself listed at the bottom of the page.

I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is searching for it.