New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

5 hours ago, Pasquale1223 said:

After all this time - I finally seem to have worked it out.

I found where I could set this under Account Settings -> Security and Privacy -> Online Status.

I don't believe I had access to that before.  I've been looking for quite awhile, ever since the migration, and hadn't been able to find any way to mask my online status or enable anonymous browsing.  Since I changed the setting, I no longer see myself listed at the bottom of the page.

I just thought I'd mention it in case anyone else is searching for it.

I was wondering if it was a case that you couldn't find the setting. I couldn't tell you since I had forgotten where I found it! 😛

9 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

I was wondering if it was a case that you couldn't find the setting. I couldn't tell you since I had forgotten where I found it! 😛

Oh, I wasn't able to find it despite a lot of looking.  I'm not sure I had access to it, because it's pretty hard for me to believe that I just kept overlooking it.  I kept hoping that someone would respond - and someone finally did.

But something is still really weird.  After not having logged out, when I refreshed the page to view your reply I saw my name listed at the bottom of the page again.

So I tried to visit my Account Settings again to see if it had somehow been changed back, and when I try to select "Security and Privacy" it wants me to re-authenticate.  Even though I'm logged into my account in the forums, it asks that I "Sign in with Nexus Mods".  So I clicked on that bar, which automatically signed me into Nexus Mods and I was then able to see my Security and Privacy settings which had not changed - but my name was no longer listed at the bottom of the page.

Apparently, the logins for the new forum and Nexus mods are not yet fully integrated - and you need to be logged into Nexus Mods or your Security and Privacy setting in the forums will be ignored.

Fun, huh?

NexusSettings.jpg

13 minutes ago, Pasquale1223 said:

Apparently, the logins for the new forum and Nexus mods are not yet fully integrated - and you need to be logged into Nexus Mods or your Security and Privacy setting in the forums will be ignored.

I came to the same conclusion. I logged it as a bug here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

I came to the same conclusion. I logged it as a bug here.

I appreciate that, thanks.

I can't follow the link you provided though - it just gives me a page that says "You do not have permission to view this topic".

Just now, Pasquale1223 said:

I can't follow the link you provided though - it just gives me a page that says "You do not have permission to view this topic".

Hmm... I was wondering about that. Anyway, it's this exact bug report. Hopefully it'll get sorted.

The private browsing feature may not work correctly with OAuth-based sign-in (what we use here). I enabled it due to the handful of requests, but we didn't do any testing to ensure it actually works. We don't have the capacity to look at why this (niche) feature isn't sticking at the moment and may just be a quirk of the Invision forums software rather than anything we can fix. We can either leave it enabled in its semi-functional state or turn it off again. 

This toggle still won't save for my forums. Top is me enabling and saving, bottom is next time I open/edit the forum.

I really want this enabled for the forums for Dragon Age Origins. Can this be fixed, or have staff enable?

toggle wont save.jpg

edit: unless I should just make myself a moderator? I apparently have the option.

Edited by HollownessDevoured

14 hours ago, HollownessDevoured said:

This toggle still won't save for my forums. Top is me enabling and saving, bottom is next time I open/edit the forum.

I really want this enabled for the forums for Dragon Age Origins. Can this be fixed, or have staff enable?

toggle wont save.jpg

edit: unless I should just make myself a moderator? I apparently have the option.

That setting won't stick for me either. Must be a bug in the forum software. I'll see if I can raise it with Invision. 

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, HollownessDevoured said:

Is it just me or did the forum's colour theme contrast increase compared to yesterday?

I like the yellow/orange buttons though.

Yep, we have made a few tweaks. 

• Sad 1