New Forum Feedback

Pickysaurus

On 11/23/2023 at 12:32 AM, Pickysaurus said:

Please post in the thread below, this is not related to the forums: 

Given that there was a viable and working method for updating one's avatar in the forums before the Forum Update, and there is no viable and working replacement in the forums following the Forum Update, I find the claim "this is not related to the forums" to be disingenuous.  

Guest deleted34304850
3 minutes ago, NeIaWitch said:

Question for the moderators. How do I now change the content of the " about me" section on the mods page? What I save on the forum does not transfer.

from my own tinkering, i believe that you have to add the same information in both locations separately. there is no means to synchronize them together. hopefully i'm wrong and there is a feature to do that, or, a solution to do that gets added in the future.

6 minutes ago, 1ae0bfb8 said:

from my own tinkering, i believe that you have to add the same information in both locations separately. there is no means to synchronize them together. hopefully i'm wrong and there is a feature to do that, or, a solution to do that gets added in the future.

It is not possible to edit the 'about me' section on the NexusMods website. And after disconnecting the forum from the mods page, it appears to be nowhere to be found.

Guest deleted34304850
6 minutes ago, NeIaWitch said:

It is not possible to edit the 'about me' section on the NexusMods website. And after disconnecting the forum from the mods page, it appears to be nowhere to be found.

you're absolutely correct - that entire feature seems to have been removed from the main site. so even if you wanted to, you simply cannot update your profile on the main site.

that seems to be quite an issue. i hope it gets addressed in the future.

IMO, the decision to separate the main site from the forums was in theory a good one.  But it's obvious that some connection should still be there and apparently there is not.

1 hour ago, Zanderat said:

IMO, the decision to separate the main site from the forums was in theory a good one.  But it's obvious that some connection should still be there and apparently there is not.

I agree, there should be a connection between main site and forum. It should also be more intuitive and simple to message a user via the main site. These were removed following stage 1 of the forum migration. This loss was planned. Next stage is bringing them back.

The loss of the 'donate' button was not planned. It was removed along with the other buttons in that area but should not have been. It will be returned.

'About Me' was also a planned removal. Work will be done on an updated 'Profile / About Me' feature but it is not currently being worked on and I don't have a timescale for this.

7 minutes ago, Demorphic said:

I agree, there should be a connection between main site and forum. It should also be more intuitive and simple to message a user via the main site. These were removed following stage 1 of the forum migration. This loss was planned. Next stage is bringing them back.

The loss of the 'donate' button was not planned. It was removed along with the other buttons in that area but should not have been. It will be returned.

'About Me' was also a planned removal. Work will be done on an updated 'Profile / About Me' feature but it is not currently being worked on and I don't have a timescale for this.

@Demorphic Thanks for the response.  Now about that friends issue.......  If the friends feature is truly gone, can our old friends list be migrated as followers, at least?