Nexus mods for Bethesda.Net

Htrxguy

Guest deleted34304850

what is it you're asking for agreement on?

some words, any words would really help here as I missed the telekenisis class and can't read your mind.

Having been without a mod organiser for a bit, I'm tempted to conclude that perhaps the OP is on Linux (one of the more obscure ones) and perhaps they mean it would be nice to see more of the mods that are uploaded to Nexus, uploaded to Bethesda as well so they could avoid using a mod organizer (or a manual install!) If that's what they mean, then they really, really, really have my sympathy...

But I missed both the telekinesis class and the telepathy one because I didn't know when and where they were being held... and no one told me...

36 minutes ago, HeyYou said:

Beth isn't supporting mods for Starfield yet though, at least, not to my knowledge.....

There's much to be said for being able to mod directly to the game like that but it really needs the mods to be stand alone - if they rely on other content it's a nightmare trying to find that other content. I pretty well loathe their search mechanism. But then I pretty much loathe everyone's search mechanisms...

12 minutes ago, zixi said:

There's much to be said for being able to mod directly to the game like that but it really needs the mods to be stand alone - if they rely on other content it's a nightmare trying to find that other content. I pretty well loathe their search mechanism. But then I pretty much loathe everyone's search mechanisms...

When Beth first set up their 'new' site, switched to new software, and started hosting...... It was friggin' laughable that a multi-million dollar company was so inept. I commented then that three teenagers with a zero dollar budget could do it better. (and in reality, they had.....) Dark0ne even offered to 'consult' with them on it, but, they blew him off. Then proceeded to make every single rookie mistake in setting it up. It was friggin' stupid. They even changed software, when they discovered that their new 'wonder software' WOULDN'T do half the things they needed it to..... so, they 'upgraded'.... to a very similar software package, that really wasn't any better..... Probably whey they don't have forums at all any more..... 😄 They had no idea what they were doing when they first started getting into hosting, and they have not really improved.... one could argue, they have gotten worse......

But, its not really a surprise. Corporate just doesn't put things like 'search' as a priority. That holds true in many cases. Netflix is the same. Their search engine just sucks...... the FREE sites do a MUCH better job.

That's interesting. I've taken more notice of the Bethesda mods since moving to Linux - at first it was very difficult to get a mod organiser to play nicely but eventually I got Vortex stable so had no need of Bethesda mods - I like being able to say thank you to the mod builders and I enjoy the exchange with them. Sometimes one can be useful spotting bugs and I like doing that too. So, it's only really sucked me in again because the new system was mod organiser free until yesterday. There were a few mods I really, really missed.