A Fix for All Plugins Disabling after 1.6.1130

Pickysaurus

1 hour ago, 7531Leonidas said:

@Ardolon - Wolfpack49 made the following comment on the SKSE64 mod page (It is relatively concise and thorough:

19 December 2023, 11:19AM

Folks, there is no single mod or item that is borking your game with the 1.6.1130 update.  It's a series of things you will need to address based on core changes made by Bethesda to .1130.  Yes, SkyUI, SKSE and Engine Fixes all work with 1.6.1130. Below is a decent starting point to check once you have updated your game -- you are always free to downgrade your game back to 1.6.640 to get things back in order:
  1. SKSE must be updated to version 2.2.5
  2. Use the latest version of USSEP for 1.6.1130 if you use this mod
  3. Add the SkyUI SE - Difficulty Persistence Fix to address changes to the menu structure by Bethesda
  4. Update any dll-based SKSE plugins to 1.6.1130 versions. Mods that have not been updated must be disabled.
  5. If using Engine Fixes (or any other SKSE plugin that requires Address Library), Address Library must be updated to the 1.6.1130 version.
  6. If using Engine Fixes, settings in EngineFixes.toml must be adjusted to work around the exclusion of Steam integration by Bethesda with its update. Set to false:
  • EnableAchievementsWithMods
  • SaveAddedSoundCategories
  • SaveScreenshots

Each of those steps have been faithfully done.

SKSE must load and start the game to menu. It can not.

Downgrade is being contemplated thank you.

If they MUST do an update that will mess up so many other mods, why at the same time do they neglect to clean their masters, fix all the floating references and other errors fixed by the unofficial patch, fix the brawl and flora bugs and actually make an update that benefits people who bought the game. Oh, and fix their buggy quests. Oh, and extend their own scripts as well. Oh and fix things so for CC mods, they would NEVER just install themselves instead of letting the users pick and choose. Yes, I know there is a mod to deactivate the ones you don't want, but it should not NEED a mod to stop them inserting spam in your game.

On 12/24/2023 at 9:20 AM, greyday01 said:

If they MUST do an update that will mess up so many other mods, why at the same time do they neglect to clean their masters, fix all the floating references and other errors fixed by the unofficial patch, fix the brawl and flora bugs and actually make an update that benefits people who bought the game. Oh, and fix their buggy quests. Oh, and extend their own scripts as well. Oh and fix things so for CC mods, they would NEVER just install themselves instead of letting the users pick and choose. Yes, I know there is a mod to deactivate the ones you don't want, but it should not NEED a mod to stop them inserting spam in your game.

You got me! I can't figure it out.

What ever happened to known business protocol using tried and tested backward compatibility on a customer base.

This update is like a not ready for prime time bad mod we want to disable.

OH, tis the season. Merry Christmas to you, lump of coal for MSBethesda. 

The suggested workaround seems plausible, but the Engine version is still under AE 1130---- so even when used it introduces a new issue; I'm prompted that "xxx mods are missing/not enabled/missing content," which can be partial Vortex and/or older from the Skyrim inner library. At any rate, I moved any old mods to Vortex, but Skyrim still tells me other mods are not available. So while the "fix" may work, right now it doesn't, 😞

As far as downgrading, I am currently not so sure I am any safer than staying where I am at. Reading posts about successfully downgrading, well not many to reassure me I can do it. Maybe several tries and which? method will give me the best chance.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3106769503

Any successful advisors here, maybe chime in?

Pickysuarus, I just want to say that I posted this (with credits and links back to the original post, here) on the Steam SSE forum, as there were a lot of people posting there about issues related to the integration problem.  This is a link to the post: Fix for All Plugins Disabling after 1.6.1130 and Related Issues - https://steamcommunity.com/app/489830/discussions/0/4031349898112730749/ 

Thanks for all that you do!

After downgrading to 1.6.640, the _ResourcePack.esl from 1.6.1130 is still in. Maybe we should use Nukem BEES for that with !.6.640. It may mess up your saves without it.

Nukems Backported Extended ESL Support

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/106441

Downgrading SKSE from 2.2.5 back to 2.2.3 with my BEES and all else...

Downgrading all the mods I updated for 1.6.1130.

Take out SkyUI SE Difficulty Persistence Fix for 1.6.1130 and downgrade back to SkyUI SE - Flashing Savegames for 1.6.640

****************Happy New Year!******************

GOT 1.6.640 BACK RUNNING! Running with SKSE64_Loader, got SkyUI, racemenu, and MCM populated. It is all back! (and protected from updates)

Thanks Pickysaurus, thanks Nexus Support.