Having to click "I am not a robot" every few minutes

HadToRegister

37 minutes ago, HadToRegister said:

Was this about getting kicked out and having to go through the "Checking if connection is secure" problem that I mentioned in my first post

That is certainly what it was doing to me. It would cycle several times through the 'challenge' and then I'd then be 'allowed' on for a bit and then it would repeat. Finally, it wouldn't allow me to look at the forum here or post - I'd get a refusal of service because I'd used up my 'allowance' but I could add images etc on the other end of the site. And I downloaded OK. 

1 hour ago, zixi said:

That is certainly what it was doing to me. It would cycle several times through the 'challenge' and then I'd then be 'allowed' on for a bit and then it would repeat. Finally, it wouldn't allow me to look at the forum here or post - I'd get a refusal of service because I'd used up my 'allowance' but I could add images etc on the other end of the site. And I downloaded OK. 

Yea, if I went to another tab and maybe watched a YouTube video or something, then came back to the Nexus Tab, and clicked on something like a Mod, or tried to select a game from my custom list of games, or sometimes just switching back to the Nexus tab from another tab, it would dump me to the "Checking for Secure Connection" with the captcha. Thankfully I didn't have to go through several captchas though, it would just be that one checkbox captcha thing.
I get enough of Captchas just trying to log into the Epic Game store or "Purchasing" a free game on Epic.

I read the announcement as meaning that some regions wouldn’t be able to access Nexus at all, not that you would be logged in, reading posts and then suddenly be told you’ve exceeded something or other and be blocked. I read two posts! 

It sounds like it’s all related. Things do seem to be better now.

11 hours ago, HadToRegister said:

switching back to the Nexus tab from another tab, it would dump me to the "Checking for Secure Connection" with the captcha

Yes, my experience too. I agree over captcha. 

9 hours ago, AndalayBay said:

Things do seem to be better now.

So far; so good as they say in Oblivion... 

55 minutes ago, Pickysaurus said:

There was a different banner (a red one) up during the DDoS attempt

I never saw that one. I've seen this orange one. In fact, I wondered if it was screen adjustment or visual perception - people don't always see the same thing...  Anyway, thanks for the explanation 🙂