ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

58 minutes ago, JoylessJoker15 said:

I cannot see which games people have made mods for on their beta profile page and only three games showup, skyrim, stardew valley and mass effect 3.

This is pointed out as one of the things that's still in development in the first post of this thread 🙂 There are a few bits that aren't working properly yet, which is why this is a beta release. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

There is no indication of whether or not I've downloaded a mod before. It's a useful feature, especially for those with large load orders. New format requires extra scrolling due to fewer mods fitting across the screen. Not all mods are showing up for authors. I can find some in the regular search, click on the authors profile and the same mod won't always be in their list. And it appears you're aware the game filter list is far from complete.

• Like 2

please reduce the zoom on the left side. it makes profile icons blown out and blurry. also return the color format to the standard site grey. the user profile is too dark, and off-putting. really if you could put the about me pages close to the original design as possible. 

• Like 2

Honestly, at first time it was kind of vague seemingly  buuuuuuuut
after 1-2 min or so -- it's better versus the previous one.
Flexible, fits on bigger screens (especially on those newest ones with 144Hz+), share more of the User vibe and more universal if I'd say content + options.

Thanks, you are real Nuggets! (a good ones, that dogs love🤟🐕‍🦺)

I have two main complaints:

• First and foremost, why was the marker on the thumbnails showing if I have downloaded a mod or if there's a new update available for it removed? I hope this is just temporary from the beta, but it is the main reason I immediately changed back to the classic view.
  • Also now the mods section only has 3 items per row instead of the 5 on classic, at least on my 1080p screen. On a creators profile with a lot of mods this will result in a lot of scrolling, or clicking through what I assume will be pages in the future?, since currently it just caps at 50 mods and if the creator has more mods I currently have no idea how to see those. I would suggest removing the sidebar and move the items it has back to the top of the page, like on classic, because I don't see the need to have the information the sidebar has the whole time while scrolling through the mods. It's just using up valuable space.
  • And a last small thing, I feel like the default order setting for the mods section should be chronological, like it is on classic, If I want to see the most downloaded I prefer changing that myself.

I like the more modern design, apart from losing the nice forest background image, but I feel there's not enough consideration for usability in this new design, so, as someone who really values a well working and thought out, yet aesthetically pleasing UI, I hope this is just a very early preview of what will come.

• Like 2