User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

5 minutes ago, DamiLovesSunflowers said:

In the edited design, I have this idea of the username getting smaller the larger it gets, just so it is able to fit the dimensions of the user's side panel

As a fellow long named user this^

We need this for the forums too X /

It's missing a lot of functionality and search filters.  A 1:1 feature parity is a bare minimum for whatever replacement you come up with.

It look s a bit better, but It's also fairly dated looking in that the design language seems kind of 2010s-ish-CurseForge.

• Like 1

As you are asking for feedback i ll give it:

Garbage.

From reduced usability (for what users are actually here for) and oversight to needless frivolities (like the profile pic on every mod) and absurdly large pointless elements, truly a modern design.

But i doubt you will change much based on our feedback anyway.

I could write a dissertation by now from all the things ruined by modern UI design in the last decade or so but not like anyone would read it.

Instead here is something close to it for anyone interested: https://datagubbe.se/decusab/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

A few things:

1. Profile Icons appear to be showing up really low res and fuzzy. What's the most optimized size to use or is this just a bug?

2. More ability to further customize the "About Me" section (i.e. color, font size, spacing and alignment).

Edited by ArxVallium
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I enjoyed the new layout. However as a dyslexic, I have trouble reading on such a high contrast. A slight adjustment can maintain a high contrast for those who need and/or enjoy it, but make life easier for folks like me, as well as for those who experience frequent eye strain.

For example, I changed the background from 09090b to 19191c and experienced fewer visual errors. I attached pictures of the edits, as I used an eyedropper on screenshots to measure.

This effect can also be achieved by tweaking text colors, but you may find that to be more complicated than simply adjusting the background.

Thanks for requesting feedback. Cheers!

Screenshot 2024-02-28 195251.jpg

Screenshot 2024-02-28 194616.jpg

• Like 5

So I'm having a bug where Fallout 4 isn't being shown, even though I have pictures for it.

It shows Skyrim images, and even has "mass Effect" images (despite me never taking any screenshots or making any posts from mass effect.)

But it doesn't show fallout 4. Hitting the all games shows all my images, but there are still a vast majority of other games not showing.

Compared to the old layout the new looks horrible even on my desktop monitor, but appears at an absolutely terrible scale when looked at on my netbook's small 1366x768 screen. These changes just get worse. Wish you guys would just stop messing around with it all and just put everything back how it was before you started.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1