User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

1. Will agree with what @ballingerred said about it being inefficient with only 3 mods per row.
2. Text is just too big and bold (i usally identify mods from their thumbnail but now the thumbnail text seems a lot smaller than the one outside now and it all just blends in too much (see @VersuchDrei's profile for example).
3. Where is the Sort by "Recently Updated" option? I rely on that a lot to see which mods are still in development or after updates to game for example.

• Like 1

I agree with the 'human-readable' point, although we can still view that on hover at least. However, I think 'Uploaded on' should be changed to 'Published on', unless the date reflects the upload of the first publicly available file, which I doubt is the case.

I also think that the author's name should be stylized just as it is in the profile, instead of being uppercased.

I'm not gonna talk too much about the styling because it's totally subjective. Effiecency though is way worse. I could see 5 mods in one row in the old view, but only 3 in the new one. And what is this place used for? Ads and Profile banner. Really? I know whoose profile is that. In fact I just clicked his name to get there! I don't need a sticked banner that will go down as I'm scrolling! It just wastes space that could be used to show more mods. When it come to ads... I get it. It doesn't matter what I say, cause it's just maximizing profit and making things less convenient for free tier users. If making it less convenient wasn't intentional though - Please. I really know how to buy the membership. One banner the begining of the page and maybe one on the end would really suffice. Please don't waste side space - it really makes things worse and uneffecient.

In the end I'd just like to state that I don't hate the new design. I just wrote what really annoyed me as a feedback.

• Like 3

I liked a lot. It's a huge improvement from the old profiles. Must needed. It's cleaner and more user friendly. That's good. 

But, there is a lack of space between the user profile section and the mods and about me section. Also...I guess we are going to have background profiles huh? nice. 

i totally respect that this is just part of the forum migration and that the IPS suite upgrade was necessary for a multitude of reasons, but do we have to pretend that this change is desirable or that the opinions of the community hold any weight whatsoever? you're not looking for feedback, you're looking for bug reports; this isn't a change the community has any say in.

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

And the thing is that the mobile view is even worse. Completely unusable. I assume that the developers haven't looked at mobile yet, which is fair enough. One bite at a time is how you eat an elephant.

Yeah, probably allowing early sound boarding before even mobile is ready. I rather letting us see as soon as there is something worth seeing, before they go too far and our feedback ends up almost moot.

• Thanks 1

Just want to add in my support of increasing the number of cards across and decreasing the gigantic left column. I also agree that last uploaded should be default and we need those downloaded flags back.

There's some very weird spacing going on between the title and the category, even with cards that have the same number of lines (Pic attached below - the middle one has a random extra space below the title.) 

I do like the larger font, and honestly, I'd love a white or light background option as well.  Thanks for all your work!

newnexus.JPG

9 minutes ago, puddlepond said:

i totally respect that this is just part of the forum migration and that the IPS suite upgrade was necessary for a multitude of reasons, but do we have to pretend that this change is desirable or that the opinions of the community hold any weight whatsoever? you're not looking for feedback, you're looking for bug reports; this isn't a change the community has any say in.

Oh, gawd, I really hope this isn't the case but I have been hurt before. 

My only complaint is that the sorting system seems to include all games when it should ostensibly only display the game you're currently modding for, as this has been the default setting for nexus. It's always been very helpful, because it's a simple and efficient sorting method.

The large UI-scaling is definitely easy on the eyes. Not sure about the left-to-right orientation, though. Nexus definitely isn't twitter.
I like the reintroduction of the profile panel as a subject of display as opposed to the user features being eroded and otherwise hidden away by non-nexus client-side revisions which were genuinely out of your control. Was genuinely shocked to see a lot of social features get axed then.

Looks interesting, thanks for the hard work!

24 minutes ago, puddlepond said:

As a Community Manager that's "out of hours" writing down every suggestion from this thread for discussion with the team, it is slightly disappointing to hear this.

If we didn't care about user feedback, we wouldn't have introduced the Beta release system.

All I can say is that we are considering all pieces of feedback. That doesn't mean we will definitely implement changes a small number of users suggest, but we are considering all feedback that is made in this thread. 

• Like 5