User Profile and Direct Messaging Improvements Beta

JustThatKing

1 hour ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

I've typed the URL from your screenshot into the browser. The image itself is bad. I got this:

The image “https://imgbox.com/AU9WjwM9_o.png” cannot be displayed because it contains errors.

Lol, but I used a new and completely different image this time, and it still showed up as a URL 😞

29 minutes ago, lefttounge said:

Lol, but I used a new and completely different image this time, and it still showed up as a URL 😞

Hmm... it worked for me without issues (on my own profile, that is). Are you using the "+" button? Just making sure we're talking about the same thing. 🙂

Markdown code then looks like this:

![Aurora in Skyrim](https://masserandsecunda.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/masser-and-secunda-aurora.jpg)

That's very different code than what you had in your example...

Edited by LenaWolfBravil

41 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Hmm... it worked for me without issues (on my own profile, that is). Are you using the "+" button? Just making sure we're talking about the same thing. 🙂

Markdown code then looks like this:

![Aurora in Skyrim](https://masserandsecunda.files.wordpress.com/2021/02/masser-and-secunda-aurora.jpg)

That's very different code than what you had in your example...

Lmfao! Yes bro, I am hitting the + key. Still no dice

For me, it's not working. 💀😭

Not sure what else to say other than it's not working.

Please make adding images to the about page more full proof in your update, because this ain't it.

3 hours ago, VoidWitchCult said:

I don't think I'm gonna sift through 30 pages worth of comments but....how come there's still ads on the beta profiles when I got premium? 🤔

Make sure you are logged in once you have been redirected to next.nexusmods.com (which the new Profile page is on).

We are looking at some auth solutions to make this a more seamless process in the future.

2 hours ago, boyoyolo said:

Looks neat, PLEASE don't remove sorting mods by "LAST UPDATED". It should be default tbh

I prefer "most upvoted" and "most downloaded" myself; they tend to get me to relevant results faster. 

Though you can change that default in your profile settings -- main Nexus site > top right corner menu > Site Preferences, and scroll down to Search Preferences.

I like the new additions like collections, messaging, etc, but hate the new stylistic choice. I prefered the old narrower, sharper edged mod previews/listings for example. I also preffered how the old kudos and endorsements looked. The new design is trying a bit too much to look modern and I think it took away some of the visual ease the old design had, the page looks busier now, but not because of the added items but because of the theme/design change. Could there be an option to possibly mix the two and have the new additions but with the older theme?

• Like 1

The new Beta Profile is missing  the NSFW mods, it it needs to show the NSFW mods for these users, that have set to allow to see NSFW mods on Nexus.

Otherwise the profile is very clean and very nice to look at, also great layout.

1 hour ago, SC87Returns said:

The new Beta Profile is missing  the NSFW mods, it it needs to show the NSFW mods for these users, that have set to allow to see NSFW mods on Nexus.

Otherwise the profile is very clean and very nice to look at, also great layout.

Make sure you are logged in. It will automatically hide Adult Content if you are not signed in (or if you have adult content blocked in your settings).

10 hours ago, boyoyolo said:

Looks neat, PLEASE don't remove sorting mods by "LAST UPDATED". It should be default tbh

8 hours ago, AaronOfMpls said:

I prefer "most upvoted" and "most downloaded" myself; they tend to get me to relevant results faster. 

Though you can change that default in your profile settings -- main Nexus site > top right corner menu > Site Preferences, and scroll down to Search Preferences.

As per the update post, both of those filter options will be returning.