Not that I care much but I do wonder, why don't I have any badges?

9 minutes ago, Pickysaurus said:

Can you screenshot the badges part of the profile page so I can see what you see? 

This doesn't allow me to add any more screenshots because I apparently exceeded my quota. How do I clear it?

But the screenshot simply shows text: "0 Badges earned".

1 minute ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

This doesn't allow me to add any more screenshots because I apparently exceeded my quota. How do I clear it?

But the screenshot simply shows text: "0 Badges earned".

Go to https://forums.nexusmods.com/attachments/ and open each post (be careful click right and not left or you just end up downloading it) and delete. But I still need my attachments up since they are still recent. So I am using a 3rd party host (imgur).

On 3/19/2024 at 12:49 PM, HollownessDevoured said:

Ok from what I can see accounts made 2018-2022+ (maybe earlier?) don't have badges? But older accounts even that never posted till now, have them and are still getting them for example never posted till four days ago but account from 2010.

I was a bit curious about this a couple months back. From what I could tell at the time, was that anyone who made an account up through 2015 had badges, but 2016 and after? Those accounts had nothing.

On 3/19/2024 at 4:58 PM, HollownessDevoured said:

Go to https://forums.nexusmods.com/attachments/ and open each post (be careful click right and not left or you just end up downloading it) and delete. But I still need my attachments up since they are still recent. So I am using a 3rd party host (imgur).

Thanks. What an unbelievably stupid system. Essentially we can't post images here and have to use third party sites if we want those images to stay put. So then why offer the possibility to upload images at all?

4 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

Thanks. What an unbelievably stupid system. Essentially we can't post images here and have to use third party sites if we want those images to stay put. So then why offer the possibility to upload images at all?

The quota size can be adjusted. Keep in mind the old forum didn't let you easily inline images so these limits are set quite low from then. We haven't increased it as we want to check the implications of more freely allowing attachments on the forum in terms of storage and bandwidth. 

Back on topic, I can see what you mean now. I have a feeling it might be related to your legacy post data putting you well over the criteria for these badges. I can't access the admin tools until I'm back in the office but I'll try adding a new badge to see if that can be unlocked. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

Back on topic, I can see what you mean now. I have a feeling it might be related to your legacy post data putting you well over the criteria for these badges. I can't access the admin tools until I'm back in the office but I'll try adding a new badge to see if that can be unlocked.

Yes, I think that's correct. The badges aren't retroactive. I joined a quite a while ago, but didn't post in the forums much. My post count came from the mod comments. I've posted more since the upgrade and have several badges.

23 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

The quota size can be adjusted. Keep in mind the old forum didn't let you easily inline images so these limits are set quite low from then. We haven't increased it as we want to check the implications of more freely allowing attachments on the forum in terms of storage and bandwidth. 

I apologize for the off topic question, but I am curious on this. If we purge images or attachments after a few weeks or months, will it leave place holders showing there used to be something there, or will it simply leave a confusing post with no suggestion that at one point there was a reference image helping explain a comment?

Bringing it back to this topic, I notice that most of my badges include a comment: "Earned before November 2023"

This makes me wonder that perhaps there was a script or program translating an old forum database to a new one, and that manually triggered process might have missed some conditions leaving some members without badges. If that's the case, perhaps a cleanup script or program would be needed to run again, if that's still possible (perhaps it's not).

6 hours ago, Pickysaurus said:

It seems to be bugged, I can't award badges to older accounts. It's very bizarre. 

I mean, if it can't be fixed then isn't it an out dated feature? If 2016+ accounts can't get it (I assume is the majority of accounts?), then why have it as a partially working feature?