Vortex keeps purging when I download and install a mod

blesch
Go to solution Solved by Pickysaurus,

Spreading nonsense like that is not helpful.   Move to MO2 if you feel the need to.

The CM's are active on Discord, the devs can be contacted on Discord.   They provide one on one help there when needed.

The office is closed Fri-Sun, so support is provided by the staff on their own time when they are able.

And to this point no one in this thread has posted their Vortex logs to see if there is any useful information in them.

11 hours ago, showler said:

Spreading nonsense like that is not helpful.   Move to MO2 if you feel the need to.

The CM's are active on Discord, the devs can be contacted on Discord.   They provide one on one help there when needed.

The office is closed Fri-Sun, so support is provided by the staff on their own time when they are able.

And to this point no one in this thread has posted their Vortex logs to see if there is any useful information in them.

I'm not putting in an extra step so someone can feel good about themselves. They have software. It doesn't work. Rather than pretend it's the end user's fault and disclaim all responsibility, just work with us to get it fixed rather than tell us to bugger off somewhere else. That's literally an option that's existed since page 1 of this thread, yet not a single mod, CM, or programmer has actually bothered to spend ten seconds DMing *any of the SIX* of us to do just  that.

Shoot me a line. I'll upload a config file or a log file or history file or whatever. That's been an option for the three weeks this thread has been open. Meanwhile, more and more people keep popping into this thread to speak up. Rather than ignore us, why not take a few seconds to engage rather than have us just jump through an additional, unnecessary hoop?

I also offered to post my log, and asked which log specifically I needed to post, and yet no one has followed up with that query. So... which log file would you like me to post, where can I find it, and where exactly should I post it to?

• Like 1

It seems that I am reading a lot of excuses for not finding or suggesting a solution to the problem (and by my count there is far more than 6) many are confused as this is a VORTEX issue and not a gaming issue and do not know where to address this problem to. 

On 5/18/2024 at 1:54 PM, CommunistNinja said:

Great! However, this doesn't answer the primary problem of Vortex purges. 

I've got v1.11.4 installed on two different PCs--one on the primary gaming PC and the other on the HTPC. The purging issue is only a problem on the primary gaming PC. It's not doing this loop on the HTPC. So far as I can tell, each instance of Vortex is the same. I don't see any settings as set differently. The main difference between the two is that Vortex manages more games and different profiles on the gaming PC. The HTPC only manages Skyrim and Fallout 4 on the htpc.

Well, it's now happening on both my my gaming PC and now on my HTPC. So, both instances of Vortex existing on two entirely different PCs are now purging mods like a 90s teen girl with anorexia who purges her lunch. 

I didn't make any changes to the HTPC today. There were no updates and I made no changes to Vortex, aside from installing a few dozen mods, running xedit a few times to make some patches, and some gameplay to do some testing.

Is there a way to rollback to an earlier version of Vortex without borking my modlists?

Do any of you who are having the purge problem use the Steam cloud synchronization resource for your saves, or its equivalent on your source for Skyrim?  I haven't used it since just after I started, b/c it was causing save corruption, and maybe some other problems when the game was first released.

Hi @CommunistNinja and @blesch, and anyone else having similar issues with purging etc.

First of all, apologies again that you are having these issues. What we could really do with is logs and a copy of Vortex's state from anyone that is having these issues.

Logs can be found in %APPDATA%/Vortex, anything that ends in .log, if you could zip them all up and send them to us.

A copy of Vortex's state can be created by opening Vortex, then going to Settings > Workarounds > Create backup and save json file. This json is what we also need to compare along with the log.

If you could DM them to me, that would be super useful.

Thanks,

insomnious

3 hours ago, insomnious said:

Hi @CommunistNinja and @blesch, and anyone else having similar issues with purging etc.

First of all, apologies again that you are having these issues. What we could really do with is logs and a copy of Vortex's state from anyone that is having these issues.

Logs can be found in %APPDATA%/Vortex, anything that ends in .log, if you could zip them all up and send them to us.

A copy of Vortex's state can be created by opening Vortex, then going to Settings > Workarounds > Create backup and save json file. This json is what we also need to compare along with the log.

If you could DM them to me, that would be super useful.

Thanks,

insomnious

Just bumping this so others in this thread can see it.

Also the folder for me was C:\Users\blesc\AppData\Roaming\Vortex

@insomnious

I searched that folder and pulled up results in a few different sub-folders, but nothing with a .log suffix.

image.png

• Like 1

The files you mention here are .log files for me though they seem to be .txt files for you.  Not sure why that would be, but those are the logs that insomnious is referring to. 

2 hours ago, showler said:

The files you mention here are .log files for me though they seem to be .txt files for you.  Not sure why that would be, but those are the logs that insomnious is referring to. 

Got it. I didn't think it was those because I thought those were Crashlogger logs.