Vortex keeps purging when I download and install a mod

blesch

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Vortex, there are toggles to enable/disable "install when downloaded", "enable when installed" and "deploy when enabled", are you sure that the event occurring is purging and not one of the these? To access them, choose Settings from the left column, they're on the Interface tab which is the first within Settings. It may also be that auto sorting is enabled which you can be enabled/disabled from the plugins (left column) screen. 

As part of the upgrade to 1.10 Vortex needs to do a full purge and redeploy of your mods. If you keep interrupting it, it will try again next time it needs to do something with a mod. 

On 4/30/2024 at 5:43 PM, ZoldFrog said:

In Vortex, there are toggles to enable/disable "install when downloaded", "enable when installed" and "deploy when enabled", are you sure that the event occurring is purging and not one of the these? To access them, choose Settings from the left column, they're on the Interface tab which is the first within Settings. It may also be that auto sorting is enabled which you can be enabled/disabled from the plugins (left column) screen. 

It's definitely purging. I get an on-screen message telling me it's purging.

On 5/1/2024 at 3:26 AM, Pickysaurus said:

As part of the upgrade to 1.10 Vortex needs to do a full purge and redeploy of your mods. If you keep interrupting it, it will try again next time it needs to do something with a mod. 

It looks like it's now stuck in a loop and is doing this every time I install a mod. There has to be a setting I can edit to flip this off and make it *not* auto-purge. Where can I upload my diagnostic files to?

Also, I'm at 1.10.8. I've been updated past 1.10 for a hot minute.

On 4/30/2024 at 3:43 PM, ZoldFrog said:

Oh ffs, I know all about those toggles, and they are ALL toggled off.  I manually click on each file to install, manually click to deploy, manually click to sort, and up until this update, manually clicked to purge.  There is NOTHING ticked to automatically perform ANY function, yet Vortex AUTOMATICALLY purges when I install or uninstall a mod.  If I install three mods, it purges three times, and if I uninstall three mods, it purges three times, even though it never deploys once.  If it isn't deployed, there shouldn't be any links after the initial purge...period, and this looping function just kills time that I do NOT have infinite amounts of, as the programmers seem to think.

Remove it, or put in a toggle to turn it off...full stop.  Yes, it is Nexus' program, but it is MY pc that Vortex is commandeering and MY time they are stealing via these pointless automated operations.  Making something more complicated doesn't necessarily improve it.

On 5/1/2024 at 1:26 AM, Pickysaurus said:

I don't interrupt it.  I uninstall a mod, it purges the exact instant I click 'Remove', I wait until it finishes, I uninstall a second mod (without deploying anything), and it purges a second time the exact instant I click 'Remove'.  If the mods weren't deployed, what the hell is it purging?  I mean, the game folder only shows Bethesda files after the first purge (I checked this to be sure) so what, exactly is it purging each additional time??  If I uninstall a dozen mods, and install a dozen different mods in one go, the ONLY purge necessary is the one I normally do RIGHT BEFORE I DEPLOY upon completing said uninstallations and subsequent installations, as I have done since I started using this MO many years ago.  I experienced NO crashes doing it my way, I have no game issues, everything works as expected.  This feature is NOT beneficial to people who know what they are doing, as the ONLY thing it does is cost me time (and a LOT of it) when it decides it needs to purge all 160,000 plus links that my 793 installed mods with their 592 plugins every single time I install, uninstall, or solve a conflict.

Fix it so that it only purges ONCE per deployment, give us an option to toggle it off, or remove it completely.  It takes long enough to set up a modded game without waiting three or four additional minutes every single time a mod is installed or uninstalled without "Deploy" ever being touched.

You do understand that what you are experiencing is neither intended nor common for most users, right?

Telling them to put in a toggle for something that's not supposed to be happening is not really helpful.  Do you maybe have some log files showing what's happening? 

When a mod is installed, Vortex adds it to the Staging folder. When you remove a mod from Vortex, deployed or not, it is removing it not only from Vortex but also the Staging folder. If the mod(s) has also been deployed, the remove function is removing it from Vortex, the Staging folder and the game. The cycling indicator displays while it is completing this process, regardless of whether it is being removed from the Staging folder or both the game & Staging folder.