Vortex keeps purging when I download and install a mod

blesch
Go to solution Solved by insomnious,

31 minutes ago, showler said:

You can install an older version and disable automatic updates.

All previous versions are available here: https://github.com/Nexus-Mods/Vortex/releases

That appears to be working for now. Thanks!

Problem now is Vortex is reporting if I don't keep it updated, it will disconnect me for Nexus.

Now I need to take stock and see what all Vortex wiped and how much new work I have in store for me.

This really sux.

Back to the last stagb

7 minutes ago, showler said:

How far back did you go?  I think there was a change in how they sign you in at one point, but Pickysaurus may have posted a workaround.

Back to the last stable release. 1.10.8.

It seems to be working for now. But it looks like lost every change I made in the past 2 months. All written mods, ini changes... everything. It completely reset my entire game back to vanilla.

I'll need to see if there is some way I can install two Skyrims to test MO2 alongside. I can't have this happen again.

Hi everyone, I've got the same problem. Whenever I change something autopurge starts. Basically I can't do anything anymore with Vortex 1.11.3 because as part of a deployment FNIS is running at the end. After the FNIS run the FNIS Data is enabled which triggers a new purge. An endless Cycle which started with the update to Vortex 1.11.

On 5/8/2024 at 7:59 AM, Pickysaurus said:

I asked @Nagev about this - as you seem to be the only person having this issue.

Also, are you not paying attention to this thread? Did you not see there was someone else reporting *exactly* the same problem?

8 hours ago, gettps said:

Back to the last stagb

Back to the last stable release. 1.10.8.

It seems to be working for now. But it looks like lost every change I made in the past 2 months. All written mods, ini changes... everything. It completely reset my entire game back to vanilla.

I'll need to see if there is some way I can install two Skyrims to test MO2 alongside. I can't have this happen again.

So this is now *three* people having this issue.

Just in case anyone else was wanting to chime in and look for an excuse to not care or stick it in my face.

You gotta be kidding me

image.png.ee7a1372af44a52df78aa4813ccdfc25.png

This is some Looney Tunes s***.

The mod above requires about 26 other mods to be installed. I did install them. Then, you install THAT mod, and it replaces all of the .ESP files with ESP-FE so the conflicts all go away but you get the remaining assets.

Well, it's supposed to be
"26 clothing mods" ==> "dx armor mod" as shown above"

But Vortex keeps purging the clothing mods. So I re-deploy them. Then DX Armor mod, which detects which of those mods you installed and lets you select them, as I'm running the installer Vortex purges the other clothing mods after the DX mod starts installing, but BEFORE the selection menus appear, so the selections are messed up. Which forces me to stop the installation, re-install the purged mods, and then start the installation again...and then they purge again. Catch-22, infinite loop.

Please turn off all auto-purging in the next update. I just got a brand new 8TB SSD specifically for Skyrim modding, and I'd rather not see it burnt out because your app *insists* on writing several hundred extra terabytes per month that it literally doesn't need to.

So, please tell me: how do I turn off the auto-purging?

• Like 1

On 5/8/2024 at 7:59 AM, Pickysaurus said:

I asked @Nagev about this - as you seem to be the only person having this issue.

Just want to make sure this is on the official record. I *just* bought a brand new hard drive specifically to play modded Skyrim.

image.thumb.png.c03cb4c7092f65e36d1642484441d6f1.png

Premium name brand, too. Like not top-of-the-line - that's PCIe 5.0 - but close enough for me.

image.png.e0db0d4a8eb29cbf239e46514e3641a2.png

Do you see the price tag there? I paid about $1200 with interest for financing this.

image.png.5788b6372ae3811cbfb4ec82f30f53d7.png

Do you see the date of the invoice? That's about two weeks ago.

If my brand new SSD burns out prematurely because your software *insists* on repeatedly and unnecessarily auto-purging, I WILL sue you.

I urge you to do something aside from arbitrarily not caring.

Posted (edited)

Hello there,

I am also having this exact same "purge after deployment loop" issue after updating to 1.11.4. Vortex was working without flaws before. 
Purging automatically occurs after any deployment, and tool extensions are unloaded as well so I cannot start the game with SKSE. 
Current settings are Hardlink-Deployment, Per-User Mode and running stable branch as user settings/vortex settings was brought up in the last couple of pages. I have checked my system's firewall/application rules and Vortex has all the required permissions and rules to run properly. 
Thought I would leave my two cents here. This seems to be a recent commonly reported issue on this forum and their official discord, but the Community Managers seem rather ignorant of investigating the issue stating its a "user created problem" so we may unfortunately have to wait for an update to resolve the issue. 

Regards. 

Edited by AKULA108
Adding additional information.

Considering this is only happening for the two of you, I can only assume it's something your two systems have in common or something is very broken in both of your setups. 

The first thing to try would be to go to the "Extensions" tab in Vortex and disable all extensions in there, reboot and see if it still happens. If it doesn't then you must both have a faulty extension installed.