ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Mod Engine should be banned from hosting their software on nexusmods.

beethy

Software won't work properly without registering. Additionally, you need to join their discord to get a code.
You can bypass this by manually setting hotkeys to multiple things they've left unbound, as you cannot click on these values without being forced to register. 
I think mod engine should be banned from nexusmods for this reason.
They host their files on several mod pages, but at least it's all uploaded from one account, which should make the removal straightforward. 
Here's their profile link: https://next.nexusmods.com/profile/ModEngine/mods
bcu9iTF.png
AkV6CmO.png

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Just from looking at the features of their Morrowind offering; unlimited health, magicka, fatigue, and gold, I can get the same results from hacking the game via console. The question is: Why would you want to download Mod Engine in the first place? Unless you're just console illiterate, of course. Does the software have mod manager abilities as well?

--Edit--

Never mind about that last question. I found the link. Excerpt from page: Mod Engine is a modding tool designed to help you with modifying single player games running under Windows so you can make them harder or easier depending on your preference and enjoy playing games your way.

Just seems like a glorified cheat tool. And I'm on Linux. Not interested.

Edited by UsernameWithA9

It'essentially has the exact same functions as software like wemod or fling's trainers. the files they host on each page are identical, and not specifically tailored to each game. 
Even if we ignore the scummy 'register pls' nonsense, what they're doing is like the developers of Notepad++ hosting their setup file to every single nexusmods game database. There are other mod creators that also do this, but they have a justifiable reason, in that they're prerequisites to get mods to function properly. e.g. REFramework and Fluffy Mod Manager. 

And Wrye Bash used to, before the Modding Tools section (.../site/) existed for multi-game tools.  (They've since consolidated on one page there, and keep the old specific games' pages up mostly to point people to it.)