Nexus Mods Navigation updates

3 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

🙂 Most modern mice have no middle button and there's no way in Windows to emulate one.

Say whaaaat? I'm fairly certain all the main mouse manufacturers and main mice that people use have middle mouse buttons on them. I certainly haven't had a mouse without a middle mouse button since I got my first Intellimouse in the early 2000's and never looked back. Since then I've owned Logitech's, Razer's, SteelSeries and Corsairs and they've all had middle mouse buttons too. What alternate universe are you living in? 😁

Unless you're on a Mac?

14 minutes ago, Dark0ne said:

What alternate universe are you living in? 😁

Unless you're on a Mac?

I live in the universe of people who've had RSI and cannot use mouse with buttons. We have to stick to touchpads and they don't feature a middle click. We also cannot have a mouse separate from the keyboard because moving your hand around the desk is too much movement. So we need mice built into keyboards such as said touchpads.

Quite a few of my friends are also swearing by Mac mice for any OS, and those mice have a total of ONE button. Wow. Because who could possibly need more.

EDIT: I admit, that when I said "most modern mice" I was limiting myself to those mice that I could use... Sorry, that was indeed an incorrect statement.

Edited by LenaWolfBravil
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

I live in the universe of people who've had RSI and cannot use mouse with buttons. We have to stick to touchpads and they don't feature a middle click. We also cannot have a mouse separate from the keyboard because moving your hand around the desk is too much movement. So we need mice built into keyboards such as said touchpads.

Quite a few of my friends are also swearing by Mac mice for any OS, and those mice have a total of ONE button. Wow. Because who could possibly need more.

EDIT: I admit, that when I said "most modern mice" I was limiting myself to those mice that I could use... Sorry, that was indeed an incorrect statement.

No problem! You had me worried that my last 25 years of mice purchases were a lie!

On that note, are you aware that if you hold CTRL while (normal) clicking a link it will also open it in a new tab? Not sure if you can do both at the same time with your setup but just thought I'd tell you in case you didn't know.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dark0ne said:

On that note, are you aware that if you hold CTRL while (normal) clicking a link it will also open it in a new tab? Not sure if you can do both at the same time with your setup but just thought I'd tell you in case you didn't know.

I didn't know that! Thanks! This is very helpful. (I have a foot pedal that does CTRL. 🙂 )

1 hour ago, Dark0ne said:

You had me worried that my last 25 years of mice purchases were a lie!

That's about as long as I've been confined to touchpads... Mice are divided into touchpads and Evil Pain Bringers... 😮 I do occasionally use a trackball that is built into a particularly nice keyboard. But... no middle button...

3 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

We have to stick to touchpads and they don't feature a middle click.

On Windows 10 and 11, you can set middle click as an option for what gestures do in the settings.

2 hours ago, Ghos71y said:

On Windows 10 and 11, you can set middle click as an option for what gestures do in the settings.

I'll look into it, thanks! 🙂

But actually the middle button is very rarely needed. I bought myself a trackball to use specifically in those situations when there's no other way to do things (such as in some cases of modding Oblivion). It is not a big deal otherwise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LenaWolfBravil said:

But actually the middle button is very rarely needed.

Indeed, about the only thing I use it for is push-to-talk for voice chat, in the few programs that can't "see" the two side buttons on my mouse.  Or the occasional game or 3D program that uses middle-mouse click-and-drag to move the view around.  Otherwise I only use it as a scroll wheel, not a button. 

(I have a large (full-size) Kensington Pro-Fit ergonomic mouse, with two extra buttons on the side where my thumb can easily reach them.)

Spoiler

KensingtonPro-Fitfullsizemouse.thumb.jpg.498b5cef03da0b3a94f448d0fac6e1bf.jpg

Edited by AaronOfMpls
elaborated a little, added what mouse I have, added pic