Baldur's Gate 3 Patch 7 support for Vortex

insomnious

I have this update now, but it does not load my Load order right away, and by ticking the squares in game, it crashes or does not load my mods either. 

I am not sure what I do wrong in that case, does anyone has an idea?

22 minutes ago, CDonkey said:

mine stopped working after the update too, from what I see it resets the modsettings.lsx to the empty default one after every loading and in the game mods are disabled... I'm on patch 6 btw

I'm having the same issue. There are a few over in this thread who have reported this issue. 

Hopefully a solution is found soon!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, insomnious said:

Hey everyone,

First of all, thank you for your patience and extra thanks to the forum members that were keeping the hordes at bay while we worked as quick as we could to get a fix sorted! It's much appreciated when we need to keep an eye on a lot of chats in a lot of different places alongside actually getting the dev work done.

Secondly, the update is done! A restart of Vortex should be all that is needed to pull down the latest version. After the update, this can be checked by going to Extensions, clicking Show Bundled, finding Baldur's Gate 3 and it should say 1.5.1 and not the previous 1.4.2.

I'm going to give a part apology for it taking this long. Arguably, 5 days after game update isn't that long, but it is frustrating for us (as well as you) when we don't get any notice from the game devs and we couldn't get any access to the closed beta. I really did try!! We've done the best we can to get this out ASAP and it's even more complex that we need to support Patch 6 and Patch 7 due to the fact that Larian has let people stay on Patch 6 while mods are updated and bugs are ironed out.

This update should take your existing load order and write the modsettings.lsx file in the correct format for the discovered game version. The updated extension also supports ordering of mods that were installed with the in-game mod manager (IGMM) that was introduced in Patch 7. These are shown as 'Not managed by Vortex' but can still be ordered the same as if Vortex had installed them.

We can, however, only do so much! We wanted to get this version out so people can get back up and running but we are aware that it is early days of Patch 7. For example, the famous ModFixer mod is no longer required but if it's currently installed, it shouldn't hurt (that is Larian's official line). Some mods do have their own implementation of ModFixer that does cause problems. If problems are found by the game when it's launched, then the modsettings.lsx file is reset and the only way is to find what mods are causing the reset. This can be for a few reasons, such invalid UUID format, use of now deprecated Type element, incorrect use of the ModFixer workaround etc.

This excellent community troubleshooting wiki can help to get up and running and most mods will be fixed by the authors as time goes on.

Please let us know what you find out and please poke any mod authors that do need to update their mods to get compatibility to where it needs to be ASAP.

Thanks

insomnious and the Vortex team

I really hope this works! Fingers crossed for when i log in tonight!

Hello, I'm having an issue with all of my mods in the IGMM getting disabled every time I launch the game.

I am using the most up-to-date version of Vortex, and all of my mods and game actually works perfectly, but I have to re-enable all the mods in the IGMM every time I launch the game which is a huge pain.

Wondering if anyone may know why this would be happening?

EDIT:

I think I found the issue, a single mod I had, "Longstrider AoE NoVFX" that was never toggle-able in the IGMM, so it was permanently stuck to disabled in the IGMM.
Apparently this was affecting all other mods as well, causing them all to get disabled on launch. 

Fix for me: Disable/delete "Longstrider AoE NoVFX" from my mod list, now all the others properly stay enabled every time I launch the game.

Wider fix for everyone may be that you'll need to go through mod by mod to see which ones cannot be toggled on/off in the IGMM, and removing those mods completely.

Edited by shermanCG

5 minutes ago, FightingBlaze77 said:

I have too many mods that wont work with your forced patch 7 update, let me play on patch beta 6 with my mods intact...

It's supposed to work with both patch 6 and patch 7, but some people are reporting problems with patch 6.

1 minute ago, showler said:

It's supposed to work with both patch 6 and patch 7, but some people are reporting problems with patch 6.

Its literally on patch 6, but giving me the message of "mod saved enabled but not anymore" from patch 7 despite me confirming and triple checking that I am still on patch 6 so idk how true that statement is atm

• Like 1