The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I win by this election having made my vote invalid because no party or fringe group has made a program that doesn't sound for me and my siltation as lip service to best knowledge and certain. I can not lose in participating in a democratic election and voice my opinion on the ballot this way.

Feeling a little bit shaken up tonight, had a run-in with my own mortality twice in one evening, which is never fun. Nearly got run over by a truck getting pizza, then saw a particularly nasty Formula One crash on TV that didn't do me any favours, considering I'll be doing some racing myself next weekend. It may just be me, but ever since I started making forays onto a real race track I've developed an uncharacteristic empathy for other drivers, and have been left feeling... genuinely uncomfortable and somewhat shaken by a few things I've seen. A large percentage of it is "that could have been me" but it does strike me as interesting-the #1 symptom of my Asperger's Syndrome has always been lack of empathy, so I find my reaction quite puzzeling.

The accident itself was particularly bad, for me, because it involved fire(something I'm rather frightened of) It wasn't bad because someone got hurt-that hardly ever happens anymore, but rather because there was no warning even for the driver-one minute his car was malfunctioning but safe, the next, it literally exploded and burst into flames at 150 MPH without any warning or obvious cause. The driver was fine and the car survived as well(but will need repairs) Thankfully the car had a CO2 "bomb" on board and automatically doused itself. Still frightening to watch though, I hate fire...

Edited by Vindekarr

the #1 symptom of my Asperger's Syndrome has always been lack of empathy, so I find my reaction quite puzzeling.

All aspies are different and the lack of empathy part isn't totally true.

It's the fact that most aspies can't SHOW their empathy towards others. Personally I have a lot of empathy and can put myself in other's shoes easily, and I act like that. What I find difficult is helping someone out while i empathize with them. Like my boyfriend, I sometimes have a hard time figuring out if he's really in a bad mood or not, and even if he is and he tells me, I'm not really sure what to do.

When I see a problem that someone else has and it can be solved then I do it, or if someone is stuck and needs help I'll be the one to help. But when it comes to social things, don't count on me, I'll just disappoint, maybe even unintentionally hurt someone.

You seem like you are quite empathic, since you're reply to my post quite often and to other's as well.

Links.hr?

Are you sure it was 1229? Seems horribly cheap for such a CPU.

A similar price is in a few other shops here.

Yup, it was under 1229, now it's hell of a lot more expensive. I wanted to get it back when I assembled my PC because it was dirt cheap (about the price of an i3 3240), but they ran out of them and didn't know when the new shipment will be so I bought an i5 instead.

And now FX is back, 1.5x more expensive. Mind blowing.

Also while talking money, how much should I ask for a website design + hosting + domain?

Not much, hosting + domain is meh, 1TB of storage and equally as much per-month data transfer at 700kbps is 250HRK a month, which is dirt cheap. It's even cheaper outside of Croatia, 15$ for the same thing. You can thank that to free-of-charge, 0-maintenance-required virtual Linux servers.

Design is the only thing you can milk money from but since you just started with it any you don't have a company, you won't be able to get much there either. Not sure how site design prices go but I'd say you could get a max of 500-700HRK per job, server maintenance included.

Just don't forget to collect a monthly payment for maintaining the domain and if a contractor doesn't pay you withing 5 days, shut it down and remove the site from the server. That's how you teach cheap bastards to pay.

Oh, and if you're running your own server instead of a virtual one, I can give you a few tips on how to keep the hardware running for ages without hardware maintenance downtime. Nobody likes server downtime, site owner least of all.

Port it over to Skyrim , please, please, please, please

Fixed it for you! and Werne to get banned for not wanting it ported over to skyrim, at least it would be lore friendly :tongue:

Edited by Thor.