The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Lol some guy just uploaded a selfie to the Skyrim image share. :hurr:

That's just pathetic.

Could be worse though...

Lol, that would actually be pretty cool if there wasn't that lick and the meowing. A still image would have been preferable. :tongue:

Unrelated, I made another sword today. I still need to tweak a few things (like the decoration on the cross-guard: it's too hard to see) but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. This is a bit of a different design for me (I tend to prefer simplistic square and circle shapes) so yeah. :smile:

Also, it is raining in this screenshot (damn you Oblivion rain, you look so terrible), but it looks wicked when it reflects light during a sunrise/sunset.

http://puu.sh/6A2f7.jpg

I'm recreating the unique claymore Fury from Morrowind. The design is loosely based off the Nordic Claymore (which Fury uses in MW) but mine is more spikey (that seems more furious than soft edges, right?). I originally intended to have a blood-red gem in the centrepiece but it didn't look very good, so I got rid of it.

Ideas are welcome, and I'll probably make some funny little quest with back story (via in-game notes) for it.

EDIT:

Updated it.

http://puu.sh/6A3CQ.jpg

I'm thinking that perhaps the blade is a little too shiny (especially at this angle in regards to the sun's location) and I might also make the grip leather a bit darker. Also, I need to shorten the hilt a bit, because in Oblivion it looks silly (due to the hands being so close together), even though in real life it makes sense (when the hands are further apart on the grip, you have more leverage which helps tremendously with your swing velocity).

Edited by billyro

There's really great email support.

And then there's the "okidoki ! " email support.

When I'm talking to you, a University representative, about serious matters that could be life changing, you dont say "I'm confused about what you have written......" and "okidoki ! ".

Now I don't even trust that person to handle this and I'll have to bother my boyfriend to do some paperwork for me.

Edited by Iv000

-snip-

Looks nice! I agree it's a bit shiny. Also I'm not sure about those spikes. I'm not sure why. They feel... kind of out of place with the rest of the design? Dunno. Still looks nice. :tongue:

There's really great email support.

And then there's the "okidoki ! " email support.

When I'm talking to you, a University representative, about serious matters that could be life changing, you dont say "I'm confused about what you have written......" and "okidoki ! ".

Now I don't even trust that person to handle this and I'll have to bother my boyfriend to do some paperwork for me.

Isn't "okidoki !" email support, 90% of email support? :tongue:

-snip-

Looks nice! I agree it's a bit shiny. Also I'm not sure about those spikes. I'm not sure why. They feel... kind of out of place with the rest of the design? Dunno. Still looks nice. :tongue:

It's a unique weapon from Morrowind, so I wanted to try and replicate that Morrowind feel, and I think the spikes are a place to start. Anyway, I'll keep brainstorming and if I come up with anything else, we'll see what happens. :smile:

I've also fixed up some of those little things that were bothering me. I'm thinking it's getting close to completion, and I'll start outlining a quest for it soon.

http://puu.sh/6A6kD.jpg

Less shiny blade and a darker grip with a more leathery texture. All I need to do now is shorten the hilt a bit, and I think that'll be all.

Note: different lighting to the previous screenshot - that's why it looks a bit different. It's still the same though.

@Iv000: perhaps they are trying to appeal to the freshlings out of school? Except not many teenagers use "okidoki" anyway so I dunno.

Oh well, I'm off to bed. Goodnight everyone.

Edited by billyro

Billy, is your steam ID thingie broken or something?

Seems to me they simply don't have enough time to reply with all the formalities and whatnot. Hell, I think I reply to at least half of all emails I get with "okidoki" type responses too.

Edited by BlackRampage

http://puu.sh/6A3CQ.jpg

I'm thinking that perhaps the blade is a little too shiny (especially at this angle in regards to the sun's location) and I might also make the grip leather a bit darker. Also, I need to shorten the hilt a bit, because in Oblivion it looks silly (due to the hands being so close together), even though in real life it makes sense (when the hands are further apart on the grip, you have more leverage which helps tremendously with your swing velocity).

The blade is a bit too shiny, some darkening on the specular map will do the trick.

You could also try and make the engravings on the cross guard darker (the ones that are protruded whiter) on the specular with blurry edges towards the edge of engraving, it'll give them an increased appearance of depth and will reflect light less (or more when it comes to protruded ones) like real metal engravings. Plus, they will be more pronounced in bright lighting. :thumbsup:

Edited by Werne

Yeah what a topic for forums centred around MODDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Indeed, how rude of us to discuss modding. We should really feel bad.

As a sidenote, I should get one of these for my kid.

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aG9BgeX_700b_v1.jpg

I may need those instructions.

Edited by Werne