⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I encounter hunters hunting a Netch every 5 minutes or less on Solstheim. "Random encounter" my ass. :rolleyes:

I was helping them at first but after a dozen Netches it got boring so now I tell them I'll help and then I cast healing spells and buffs on the Netch. I hope the island runs out of hunters one day.

Oh, and my friend's little girl managed to dip my graphics card in the toilet this morning while I was cleaning the dust out of the PC. She asked what I was doing, I told her I'm cleaning the PC cause it's dirty and she helped by washing the card. Now I know why manufacturers put those "keep out of children's reach" stickers on stuff.

EDIT: Why do parts of my post disappear in Opera? I love the thing but every now and then it just bugs out.

Edited by Werne

Oh, and my friend's little girl managed to dip my graphics card in the toilet this morning while I was cleaning the dust out of the PC. She asked what I was doing, I told her I'm cleaning the PC cause it's dirty and she helped by washing the card. Now I know why manufacturers put those "keep out of children's reach" stickers on stuff.

Oh crap, that sucks! And in the toilet, too. Talk about adding insult to injury...

Kids are sweet when they want to help, but sometimes... yeah.

I installed a Wireless PCI Adapter today so I could have internet without that damned cord running across the floor. I also gave the inside a bit of a clean out as well while I was there. But yeah, it's much better now.

*Sigh*, Skyrim is broken. And this time, no matter what I do will fix it. :sad:

Edited by billyro

Oh crap, that sucks! And in the toilet, too. Talk about adding insult to injury...

Kids are sweet when they want to help, but sometimes... yeah.

Well, she's three so I can forgive her. Besides, I once washed my dad's radio cause it was dirty, and a plushy duck toy which quacked once you squeeze it's foot, the thing was quacking like Daffy Duck on amphetamines until it dried off, so I can't actually complain about it when I did the same things as a kid. She'll learn.

And despite the fact that my graphics card ended up soaked in poo water, it was kinda cute when she came back with that "look, I helped" smile on her face. Kids are sweet, even when they do things like this.

The good news is that she didn't do any damage. The card works like a champ, I wiped it, dried it off with a hair drier and put it in a box full of silica packs to soak up the leftover water. Slapped it into the PC an hour ago, currently running Furmark to burn the paste in and make sure the power delivery and GPU/DRAM BGA grids are fully dry. :happy:

This isn't my first experience with wet PC parts so I wasn't all that worried, I used to buy PCs from flooded houses in the city and sell them off in parts after I dry them off. Water doesn't do nearly as much damage to circuitry as people think, especially when the circuit isn't on and connected to a power source.

Yeah, agreed. There isn't an ETA yet but hopefully it's soon! :smile:

EDIT: Skyrim is no longer being a scum bag. I've narrowed down the culprit of my crashes to a corrupted mesh in one of three folders, either relating to architecture, furniture or landscape. Once I find the evil wretch that is causing these problems, I shall eliminate it and everything will be back to normal.

At least until something else goes wrong. :tongue:

EDIT 2: Found it! It was a grass mesh that was causing the issues. I deleted all the grass meshes and then reinstalled Verdant Grass and now it's working again! :D

EDIT 3: New Dragon Age Inquisition DLC tomorrow! It's called The Jaws of Hakkon (I believe Hakkon is an Avvar god?) but yes, more content awaits. :dance:

Edited by billyro

EDIT 3: New Dragon Age Inquisition DLC tomorrow! It's called The Jaws of Hakkon (I believe Hakkon is an Avvar god?) but yes, more content awaits. :dance:

Damn! I sold my PS3 and DAI. But also damn! Even if I kept it, they do another timed exclusivity for stupid Microsoft.

Exclusive releases are nice sure (under the right circumstances, but if something like say... Halo was to suddenly only release on PS, that's dumb. Obviously never gonna happen, but hopefully that explains what I mean), but these timed things are dumb. It's like they try to piss people off or something. And I don't see how it helps out whoever gets the timed exclusivity, if I own a game on console A but the DLC comes to B first, I'm not gonna rush out and switch consoles or anything. How stupid.

Edit: I've always been a bit disappointed with my laptop, but... Wow. I've been installing a game expansion (from disc) for about... damn, nearly two hours now. It shouldn't take this long. Especially since it's smaller than the base game. I should have cancelled it, but it was over halfway done when I came up and checked it.

Someone I know called their laptop a Toshitba. It's so true. When I heard him say that I was somewhat shocked that I hadn't ever said that before. :tongue:

My speakers are already bad, the disc drive seems pretty shot (as if it being unbelievably slow wasn't bad enough, it's horribly loud), and I've actually had the plastic vents crack and just kind of crumble off at the touch (I'm gonna guess from the heat).

(I could complain about the screen too, but it's just got poor colors, etc. and didn't suddenly start being crappy)

To be fair it isn't like it was an expensive laptop or anything.

And it finally finished so I can sleep now.

I feel like I typed a lot. But really it isn't...

Edit edit: And wow, I'm bitchy tonight apparently. It seems stupid that I'm complaining about random things, and look, now I'm complaining about my complaining.

Edited by K00L

Punch the laptop in the face! It might not improve it, but you'll feel better.

Also, I made my very first helmet today! :D

http://puu.sh/gNmV9/3c7f9e052e.jpg

I'm quite happy with how it turned out, especially considering that I've never made one before. I rushed the UV Unwrapping again because it went all bonkers, so I couldn't add fake ambient occlusion or individual details, and you can also see some tiling on the top because of that. But yeah, at least I can do it now! :tongue:

Now I shall make some body armour...

Edited by billyro