The last poster wins

TheCalliton

Another moment to remember; how insecure I feel. Oh! The horror. Winter has blanketed the outside with snow. All the memories of being alone. Slowly elders memories are returning bringing in that cold sinking feeling; while yet another of the people I have known from afar has met a female. He has gotten to know her for 7 years and is preparing to be married. What a wonderful sensation that brought me.

Ah, and now the memories of all the years filled with my own hopes and dreams. Replacing the warmth in my hearth with fears begins closing in on me again.

I feel the claustrophobia of the closet effect, snow can bring upon us. I remember the tales of when snow was so deep it could trap us inside our house for months. All the provision inside, just in case. Eating only what we were able to stock up from our harvest. Fearing we might run low, so we rationed it more.

Yes, we all know what I am going through. It's; Cabin Fever.

The most dangerous monster is outside glaring at me with it's monstrous sight. SNOW! Oh what have I done that causes me this remorseful moment?

How can this real feeling of danger lurking out there chill me so?

The hopelessness from my aged mind feeling chilled inside, tarnishing my youthful exuberance, because now it's white bones, hide and coat, icicle cold teeth, and cold freezing stare; breeze more deeply into my memories as the embers of my youth slowly die out. Raising instead of warmth the elders talks of how their old body no longer holds the heat diminishes my desire to play on the back of the beast and make snow men, blocks for a castle fort, or a monument because of the great discovery of ice people living in an igloo. Eskimos.

Even they could live within the cold while the fires of their furnace warmed them so.

I'm feeling colder from within just thinking about it. Am I in time; to get an extra layer of clothes on, a heavy coat on, and/or turn up the temperature on the thermostat. Is this year's Winter to be my last?

I hope all of you are safe, warm, and cozy; on this bright and Sunny Winters Day.