The last poster wins

TheCalliton

I'm sure as heck not getting into a "mine is bigger than yours" spec competition. The only one I'd have any chance at is a "mine is older than yours". :laugh:

LOL me TOO !

My world thrives on people thinking they need a newer bigger better thingy . And discarding the old.

But I've read enough of niphilim's posts to know that's not what their on about.

Although it remains a bit of a mystery .

I'm sure as heck not getting into a "mine is bigger than yours" spec competition. The only one I'd have any chance at is a "mine is older than yours". :laugh:

LOL me TOO !

My world thrives on people thinking they need a newer bigger better thingy . And discarding the old.

But I've read enough of niphilim's posts to know that's not what their on about.

Trust me back in the day (coming up 12 years plus back in the day) when I was still a working stiff and not on "fixed income" I was a hardware nut. Knew all about the latest stuff and what was peeking around the corner.

I considered taking Niph to task on one thing though ... not knowing every last nuance of every last feature on his motherboard before buying it!!!

For all my motherboards I had the manual downloaded long before purchase, had studied them so intensely that I knew just about every page number for stuff that mattered ... RAM timings ... yup page 4-20 for my ASUS Striker Extreme.

Not knowing stuff like SLI support ... probably would have known that before I even downloaded the manual.

Edited by Striker879

The only mystery I am curious about is where the pile of computer parts are that niphilim222 has put aside.

They must be a pile of computer cases, parts, keyboards, mouse's, and monitors as high as a Hotel somewhere?

As high as your Hotel ... you know the one that Mk is always onto you about Paga??

Edited by Striker879

My hotel isn't a mystery, It's a story I wrote no one has seen here in a long time; because I was advised to move it to publish it. I won't be posting the rest of the Mod here, because without the story it's just a living space. I shared the Custodial Engineers living space for the benefit of some of the friends children I have/had here.

LOL me TOO !

Trust me back in the day (coming up 12 years plus back in the day) when I was still a working stiff and not on "fixed income" I was a hardware nut. Knew all about the latest stuff and what was peeking around the corner.

I considered taking Niph to task on one thing though ... not knowing every last nuance of every last feature on his motherboard before buying it!!!

For all my motherboards I had the manual downloaded long before purchase, had studied them so intensely that I knew just about every page number for stuff that mattered ... RAM timings ... yup page 4-20 for my ASUS Striker Extreme.

Not knowing stuff like SLI support ... probably would have known that before I even downloaded the manual.

You are saying you know it better than me ? How could you possibly know in the Canadian lattitudes ?

Life is not fRanK up there .

LOL me TOO !

You are saying you know it better than me ? How could you possibly know in the Canadian lattitudes ?

Life is not fRanK up there .

LOL ... we have defenses that are specific to our particular latitude induced challenges. Some have other names for it ... we call it antifreeze (keeps the brain cells from crystalizing at low temperatures).

Very effective (however for some it can become somewhat "affective").