The last poster wins

TheCalliton

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I heard some music outside last summer.  I thought it sounded familiar.   Excited my memory.  I couldn't believe what I was hearing though.  Not a word of lyrics came to my mind.  Just the excitement from my memory.  A song out of the past, that got children running fast to talk to their Mothers.  She would dip into the cookie jar where she kept the money for a rainy day.  Sunny and bright was the sight outside.

The music grew louder as if someone turned up the volume.   Children jumping up and down with worried delight.  We might miss what was near if we didn't get outside swiftly with a nickle or dime in our hand.  Rushing to make it in time to step on the lawn at the curb.  Waiting impatiently for the music to stop and a window to open.

I got some!

I WIN!

Edit: the music was coming from a special vehicle that someone was driving around selling Ice cream.  Ice Cream in all sorts of flavor's; shapes and sizes.

On 11/25/2023 at 2:38 PM, Oblivionaddicted said:

Glad to hear you good memories. I never bought any ice-cream to a truck.

There are pictures to see at YouTube showing the truck I remembered.  Turkey in the Straw.  I was a young man.  Young, between 4 and 6 years of age.  I have a little frig with a freezer just right for keeping frozen pizza's and ice cream. Fits nicely in a bachelors one room apartment or a computer/den room too.

I have learned about the new ways the forums and modders area have.  Today I found out about the groups to join.  I saw Oblivion's group has a familiar avatar or two whose I recognize.  I searched through the members in all the games I have so I could see how many of the friends I had in the friends list joined those games groups.

Learning something new each day.