Dragon Age: Origins

Monolithic0117

Like I said, graphics are not that important, but are a part of the game. I can't complain about what I've seen so far, I'd hate myself for that. ;)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just realised it's single-player only. Sucks.

In my opinion, it's best that way. There aren't too many ways to integrate multiplayer into DA other than making it another MMO, and I've had enough of MMOs. This way, they can concentrate more on the important elements of the game.

what's the combat system like? oblivion style or turn based like KOTOR? if it's the latter *shudders* it better have a good story, don't get me wrong i love KOTOR, played it for years but i just can't stand just watching my character do things with just a few clicks. I prefer more immersion in game-play .

It's not the spiritual successor to Baldur's Gate like promised. It's an even more dumbed down version of Neverwinter Nights for console noobs.

Discuss.

Still playing through it, however, and semi-enjoying it.

what's the combat system like? oblivion style or turn based like KOTOR? if it's the latter *shudders* it better have a good story, don't get me wrong i love KOTOR, played it for years but i just can't stand just watching my character do things with just a few clicks. I prefer more immersion in game-play .

Since party games and single character games are so different, personal taste is what will matter in the end.

DA is a party game, so pauses are a must have to play it the way it should, albeit one can always put the party members under AI scripts and pretend it is single char. Possible, far from better.

AI Scripts? Like Final Fantasy 12? Hmm...

Are there any bow and arrow type weapons in this game? Never liked casting offensive spells, even on Baldur's Gate 2.