Guest deleted2159825

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

will there be a challenge called promise kept for killing Marko with Sweet Revenge?

I don't know about a challenge, but there should definitely be something special that happens if you kill him with it, or even if you have it on you when you meet back up with Randall

Guest deleted2159825

will there be a challenge called promise kept for killing Marko with Sweet Revenge?

I don't know about a challenge, but there should definitely be something special that happens if you kill him with it, or even if you have it on you when you meet back up with Randall

I'm on it. There will have to be patches to NVBI and the Someguyseries.esm, but it's very doable.

Will Doc Friday have any unique dialogue if you bring him along? It doesn't necessarily need to be voiced (as some of his NVB2 stuff isn't voiced I assume it hasn't been possible to get in contact with his actor) but it would be cool to see him and Randall meet up again

Guest deleted2159825

Will Doc Friday have any unique dialogue if you bring him along? It doesn't necessarily need to be voiced (as some of his NVB2 stuff isn't voiced I assume it hasn't been possible to get in contact with his actor) but it would be cool to see him and Randall meet up again

If he's unvoiced, no. If Reebdoog shows up again, it's a distinct possibility.

Very exciting to hear. Just finished my first full playthrough of the current series, the new missions were awesome and I hope for more like that. There just comes a point when you need those big suicide missions to keep giving you stuff to do.

Guest deleted2159825

Very exciting to hear. Just finished my first full playthrough of the current series, the new missions were awesome and I hope for more like that. There just comes a point when you need those big suicide missions to keep giving you stuff to do.

Thanks, man. Canyon Cove was just something I thought up after seeing Dry Wells and thinking, "Why the hell can't we attack a place like that in a non-nuked state?". In the base game, once you clear out the NPC's from Cottonwood Cove and the Fort, it's fairly slim pickings for Legion sites that you can repeatedly raid. It's fair to say that the overwhelming majority of players are at odds with the Legion (regardless of affiliation with NCR, House, etc.), so providing a new hub to raid just seemed like simple fun. Though most of the NPC's respawn in the current version, I might patch in more substantial evolution in a later update.

Updates:

- Main quest is 95% complete

- Work on dialogue continues, albeit at a temporarily slowed pace (read below)

With the main quest out of the way, I decided to take a little breather this week before I delved into the bulk of the mod's dialogue (which will be extensive - probably 2,000+ lines). Furthermore, one of my goals is to make NVBIII's dialogue and roleplaying "feel" as vanilla as possible, within reason. As such, I'm undertaking a new playthrough of FO:NV for the first time in about a year or more. It's been illuminating and inspiring, to say the least. While it may postpone the mod's ultimate release, I've been busy jotting down notes and making a concerted effort to emulate certain patterns in the base game's dialogue and presentation.

Here are some definite influences you can look for:

- More skill and perk-based checks in casual dialogue, not just in climactic moments preceding combat.

- More natural options when conducting repetitive inquiries ("Tell me about", "Can you explain", etc.)

- Greetings that reflect initial meetings, returns, and/or responses to the player's actions

- More valid choices in sidequests, time and skill allowing (sorry, the main quest only has two branches at present, but they're both... distinct)

- While some of the content in The Inheritance is better on this account, it is still nowhere near vanilla. Obsidian does a remarkable job of providing multiple options and outcomes.

- Allowing the player to continue listening to or interrupt long bouts of dialogue

- Did I mention more skill checks in dialogue?

What I won't be adapting from vanilla gameplay:

- HP-heavy NPC's that the player must wade through. My boss fights are challenging, but I don't believe in making generic enemies tougher than they should be (which is not very tough).

- Designing speech checks to deliver the best possible outcome. In NVBIII, speech checks are the first obstacle in dialogue-oriented encounters. You'll need charisma and/or perks in most instances. I feel very strongly about this point, as this is a mod for high-level characters, most of whom will already have a high speech skill. Furthermore, I think the player should have to actually contemplate the choices, rather than habitually deferring to the speech check at the top of the list.

- Torturing the player with unrealistic, pretentious diatribes. You may well develop a singular hatred for Marko, but it will likely be due to his actions, not hollow philosophizing. I roleplay in a lot of different ways, taking varied options in all my dealings with NPC's - except for Ulysses. I bludgeon that bombastic bastard every goddamn time just to savor the silence that follows.

Anyway, I figured that provided explanation enough for the relative slowing of production in past days. I am still periodically penning dialogue when something strikes me, and I will resume work in full force within a week, fueled by fresh ideas and feedback. Feel free to share any comments or suggestions in subsequent posts. Thanks for the support!

Good to hear about the dialogue, I thought the Inheritance was rather good on that account and glad to see the trend continuing.

As for suggestions, I'm sure I've mentioned this somewhere, but I've always wanted to see perks not traditionally related to dialogue see more use in conversation. While there are a few instances of this in the vanilla game, I feel this could be expanded further. Perhaps Jury-Rigging allows you to bypass a plot point by, well, rigging something up instead, or Hunter allows you to impress a fellow game-stalker with your knowledge, bypassing any skill checks. Anything really for gameplay to further show that your character possesses specialized skills and knowledge.

Thanks, man. Canyon Cove was just something I thought up after seeing Dry Wells and thinking, "Why the hell can't we attack a place like that in a non-nuked state?". In the base game, once you clear out the NPC's from Cottonwood Cove and the Fort, it's fairly slim pickings for Legion sites that you can repeatedly raid. It's fair to say that the overwhelming majority of players are at odds with the Legion (regardless of affiliation with NCR, House, etc.), so providing a new hub to raid just seemed like simple fun. Though most of the NPC's respawn in the current version, I might patch in more substantial evolution in a later update.

Updates:

- Main quest is 95% complete

- Work on dialogue continues, albeit at a temporarily slowed pace (read below)

With the main quest out of the way, I decided to take a little breather this week before I delved into the bulk of the mod's dialogue (which will be extensive - probably 2,000+ lines). Furthermore, one of my goals is to make NVBIII's dialogue and roleplaying "feel" as vanilla as possible, within reason. As such, I'm undertaking a new playthrough of FO:NV for the first time in about a year or more. It's been illuminating and inspiring, to say the least. While it may postpone the mod's ultimate release, I've been busy jotting down notes and making a concerted effort to emulate certain patterns in the base game's dialogue and presentation.

Here are some definite influences you can look for:

- More skill and perk-based checks in casual dialogue, not just in climactic moments preceding combat.

- More natural options when conducting repetitive inquiries ("Tell me about", "Can you explain", etc.)

- Greetings that reflect initial meetings, returns, and/or responses to the player's actions

- More valid choices in sidequests, time and skill allowing (sorry, the main quest only has two branches at present, but they're both... distinct)

- While some of the content in The Inheritance is better on this account, it is still nowhere near vanilla. Obsidian does a remarkable job of providing multiple options and outcomes.

- Allowing the player to continue listening to or interrupt long bouts of dialogue

- Did I mention more skill checks in dialogue?

What I won't be adapting from vanilla gameplay:

- HP-heavy NPC's that the player must wade through. My boss fights are challenging, but I don't believe in making generic enemies tougher than they should be (which is not very tough).

- Designing speech checks to deliver the best possible outcome. In NVBIII, speech checks are the first obstacle in dialogue-oriented encounters. You'll need charisma and/or perks in most instances. I feel very strongly about this point, as this is a mod for high-level characters, most of whom will already have a high speech skill. Furthermore, I think the player should have to actually contemplate the choices, rather than habitually deferring to the speech check at the top of the list.

- Torturing the player with unrealistic, pretentious diatribes. You may well develop a singular hatred for Marko, but it will likely be due to his actions, not hollow philosophizing. I roleplay in a lot of different ways, taking varied options in all my dealings with NPC's - except for Ulysses. I bludgeon that bombastic bastard every goddamn time just to savor the silence that follows.

Anyway, I figured that provided explanation enough for the relative slowing of production in past days. I am still periodically penning dialogue when something strikes me, and I will resume work in full force within a week, fueled by fresh ideas and feedback. Feel free to share any comments or suggestions in subsequent posts. Thanks for the support!

Now is the main quest 95% done in terms of writing or actual modding in? Also how big will the Utah worldspace be and will we see any interaction with the legion there?