Drunken gnomes

Cactuspunch

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go through the North Gate into freeside. Take the first left between the building and the Mormon Fort. Go left again behind the building and left again at the back towards the open dumpster. There will be some stuff in front of it - you may have to jump in to spot it. Should be in the back left corner.

Thanks so much for the directions yours and Cacti's are both incredibly clear and I am positive I'm looking in the correct dumpster, its just not there, just finished dismantling the entire area with fen shui and still nowhere to be found, I have had an issue where my xre car will shoot into the air like a rocket, seen it happen once or twice with a mob but never an object as far as i can remember, will have to try and console cheat P.B.R. when i get to 29. You guys are amazing btw I am playing TTW and I think I have only legitimately found like 5 total from Nevada and dc combined. The P.B.R. gnome from DC wasn't really found but was in player home given when quest complete. Very suprized none have turned up in DLC, DC had 3 in point lookout and 3 in the pitt.

​P.S. these guys should have heat signatures as well, they don't seem to light up with the PN visor until there installed on there display shelves:(

Edited by tronak66

@markieman: I don't think there is one in Gibson scrap yard. I scoured that place for a gnome a little while ago and found nothing.

@tronak66: thanks for the complement! If you see any that are less then clear, please point them out. I will be happy to go the area that the gnome was found in and write down clearer instructions on how to find it.

Aha I am not crazy nor has gnomey shot off into space like a rocket:) i am using TTWInteriors combo Edition v3.7.3

No not crazy In TTWInteriors He moved to the part of Freeside with the king school so look around that worldspace. I miss typed before he was originally in Freeside north but due to a conflict with Freeside open I moved him. Again I thought I did the same for NVInteriors but I'll have to double check, I may just not uploaded the fixed file. So many versions of my mods now it's hard to keep track of what got updated and what didn't.

On a side note it really makes me happy to see so much interest in the gnomes. I put a lot of work into them as a joke easter egg hunt and never really thought people would be this into them!

Edit: Never got moved in Vanilla NVInteriors I'll put that on the list because anyone using Freeside open will never be able to complete the quest because Freeside Open moves all of Freeside North into Freeside worldspace.

Edited by chucksteel

PapaDookie,

Looked all over Helios One, Tower top, base, even thought a Gnome might be laying on one of the Solar Reflectors, but no Dice. My bet was on Gibson's Scrap Yard or Clark Field, but Cactus Punch has scrubbed the yard clean and so have I. I have been over Clark Field about 5 times as well. I Figured there would be one near Miguel's Pawn Shop in Westside, but have'nt found one there either. Vault 22 would be another good hiding spot

Searched the whole north shore of Lake Mead as well, from the boat launch to the NCR lookout on the mountain top. I will let you in on a little secret - don't tell anyone. I printed a map of the wasteland, highlighted the found locations and then looked at the areas in between. I don't know if Chucksteel intended to or not, but he located them almost the same distance apart from one to the next with only a couple exceptions. Either very good planning, or serendipity. Either way, awsome job!

Based on that clue, there should be one near Novac. These last two are tough. Makes the prize that much better!