⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

WIP Elf Children

Hallgarth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice update! looking really good!

interesting point on the ridges on the heads, its actually a fair point that that perhaps there should be some small indication of it, but it'd be tough to get the look right (you'd want a very slight ridge with very soft lines rather than something as prominent as the screenshot by ghastly IMO) That being said, id probably not change anything now you're so close to being able to get an alpha release out there which will undoubtedly result in some great responses from players and hopefully provide you with the desire/motivation to continue to work on it (whereas working on something for a long time can become a thankless task otherwise)

I'd be the first to agree about the brow ridges. Mine were really a proof of concept to check if the mechanisms worked for the various races, so I wanted a strong contrast, to see it was working!

And please release something soon, so I can check mod compatibility with mine. I just downloaded Hearthfires Multiple Adoptions to confirm it would enable adoption at my Stronghold (it did!), and I'd like to do the same for this one.

^^

I dislike giving release dates, then missing them. First I said August, and I think I missed that one. Then I said Christmas and missed that too. I've got one or two Orc children to put in, then I'll make it an esm (V1 probably) then quickly alter the children in Hearthfire. I've also got to figure out how to alter the load screen children that come with Hearthfire, as they're bald shiny monsters (the male is bald at least) I might just leave them for now. But when you get the adopt kids load screen expect a shiny horror to appear.

I'll just say it shouldn't be long.

I have this really annoying bug. The majority of the added child NPC's won't leave their interior cell unless I enter it. Then they leave and do whatever their AI package tells them. It isn't a locked door issue either, as I've given them the keys to the property, and one of them is in the New Gnisis Corner Club, which doesn't have a locked door. It's frustrating.

Any ideas anyone?

Edit: There's a lock list, that has NPC's in it. Might have to add my specific NPC's to it. That doesn't explain why my Dunmer kid didn't leave the New Gnisis Corner Club until I go in though.

Edit 2: Hmmm. It seems the ones that don't leave their interior cells have a busted AI package until I go into the cell they're in. I went to Dushnikh Yal, one of the places I added 2 kids, and waited till after dark. Went inside, and they were wandering about. Went back outside and waited till just before their AI package tells them to leave. They left, and did what they were supposed to do. This is really annoying.

Edited by Hallgarth

Could it be possible that their AI packages are somehow set as disabled? I know you can disable some things until you interact with them, but I've never heard of it with AI packages. It does sound weird. You may want to ask in another thread too to get more help.

As far as I can tell, I've got them working. I had to mark the in-world character's persist location. then they did what they were meant to. I'll have to see if it is actually fixed with a few more tests, then I'll be able to continue on with the Hearthfires addon.