⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

WIP Elf Children

Hallgarth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the other mod doesnt look too good, very very anime in style, it shares the same issue as RS Children in that whilst fairly well done (very well done in some cases) the children look more like incredibly short teenagers with overly styled and made up appearances.

your mod will fit in much better with the look and feel of the game and the children look like children!

I'm still on track to get something out this month. It won't have any adoptable Elf kids on launch, as I'd want to do them properly, and find places to put them that doesn't interfere with anything else. I've got to also make a list of every cell affected by this mod.

A couple off the top of my head are.

Skyrim:

-Mor Khazghur longhouse, mine and exterior - 2 (I think I spelled that right.)

-Dushnikh Yal Longhouse and exterior. - 2

-New Gnisis Corner Club - 1

-Atheron Household - 1

-Radient Raiment - 1

Dragonborn

-Ienth Farm - 1

-Crescius Residence (I tried to make it fit here, as it's a Dunmer woman who's married to a really old Nord guy, so I used Karliah's eyes texture, which every elf child has access to. I read up and they met a decade ago, so I think it works.) - 1

-Retching Netch. - 1

I think that's all of them. Might not seem like a lot, but I wanted to minimise the effect, and also this is Skyrim, so too many elf children would seem out of place. Also I found it really difficult to add Dunmer kids to Raven Rock. The place is barren, and there's barely anyone who lives there. Still, I managed to add three, who run around the rather small area that is Raven Rock. They also wear Dunmer outfits. Now I've got to make sure all my files are in order.

I'm at the pre-release point now, checking over all my files, making sure I have everything in the right folders, and that I haven't forgotten anything. Getting all the face gen data is the most worrying. I believe that there's the face gen mesh in FaceGeom folders and textures in FaceTint. I hope that's where all of them are stored, and there isn't a folder that I don't know about, 'cause I don't want everyone to have grey-face. I also have to get some screen shots ready.

Edit:

There will be 4 files on launch.

1-Main .esm

2-Hearthfire addon

3-Dragonborn addon

4-HD textures (for the skin and extra cloth colours)

Edited by Hallgarth