⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

WIP Elf Children

Hallgarth

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are really looking good! I'm glad you're sticking with it, because this really is the best childrens overhaul I've seen so far - The kids actually blend very well with vanilla, yet look different & interesting from each other, which is something lacking in all the other overhaul mods to date.

yeah, these are fantastic! REALLY impressed with how well you've done!

Thanks, they're starting to come together nicely.

I'm hoping to rework more of the farm clothes too (only done one so far). Having them all in the same outfits just with different colours doesn't look good.

Also, what do people think about scar options? I recently managed to figure out how to batch build morphs quickly, and can alter a face morph and then quickly re-output the brow. This means that I should be able to make the parts fairly easily.

That sounds awesome! I'm curious... Once you release this mod, will it automatically edit all children NPC's made using the vanilla models, or will it only edit the 42 default children made by Bethesda, plus any custom ones you are adding in? I'm asking because I have only used the 8 basic child types to create my 70 plus child NPC's in my mod, & am interested in giving them more customization. Also, are their heights staying the same, etc?

That sounds awesome! I'm curious... Once you release this mod, will it automatically edit all children NPC's made using the vanilla models, or will it only edit the 42 default children made by Bethesda, plus any custom ones you are adding in? I'm asking because I have only used the 8 basic child types to create my 70 plus child NPC's in my mod, & am interested in giving them more customization. Also, are their heights staying the same, etc?

Every child that uses vanilla models will suffer grey-face unless their facegens are exported. Even if they're the default face. This is because of me stopping using tangent space normal maps and going for normal space normal maps (like the adults) I did this so I could get rid of the seams (almost gone from the neck) and make the faces look less potatoish, as I have more control over the way the face is lit, with shadows etc.

Okay, got scars working. No clipping issues (that I can see) Will have to uninstall the HD scars mod I have though, as I can barely see them to see if there are any issues. Today I refined the race morphs, Including studying the adult races and trying to mimic aspects of it in the morphs. I added in left and right mask (for scars) and also added some more altered clothing. Right now I'm hoping for a christmas release for V1 (hope I'm not being too optimistic). I'm wondering if I should do Hearthfire, or see if someone else who knows how to do the whole adoption thing will do it for me. I know I want to add Dunmer children to Raven Rock in Dragonborn, so that'll be something I also have to do.

Hopefully that won't be too hard if you can see how others have done it with their children mods. If you can, it would be nice to be able to recruit them as followers without adopting them. At least that way, you can give them a place to stay if all your adoption slots are full.

• 2 weeks later...