Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know it was a bit more in the later days, but on the first day of the sale, Legendary Edition was only 17 bucks. Having just upgraded my PC for Star Citizen, finally experiencing Skyrim was a no-brainer. Honestly I think the game's quite bad. Clunky gameplay where you have to pause every 5 seconds to use a spell, and boring visuals.

If it weren't for the mod community I wouldn't be playing this game until the wee hours of the morning every night. You guys rock! Big kudos to the Nexus Mod Admins for keeping this site chugging through the pounding it's gotten over the past few weeks. In fact I think I'll use some of the money I saved and subscribe here for a while.

Now where is that subscribe button...

In response to post #16305200.

When you manually download you get to choose the server IE Premium,im in the UK but find the US Prem servers faster go figure anyway if you use the download manager you need to set your NMM to use the premium servers or it will use the much slower public servers.

I had a few problems, slow load screen and such but compared to some of the issues before the upgrade, this has been a dream. I have no complaints thus far.

Glad I was away for the weekend when this happened.

I like this one though

"Question: Why didn't you just buy more servers when the Steam sale started and it became apparent the load was too much?

The file servers we need can't just be requisitioned overnight. They need to be ordered, delivered, plugged in and have all the firmware and updates applied before we can even get the entire file database copied on to the drives. That takes time, more time that the Steam sale was going to last.""

It takes me 8 full hours or more to reformat my computer and get everything up and running correctly, with all software reinstalled. It probably takes several days for a server.

-----------------------------------------------------

and from what i can understand from wikipedia is a CDN is a server distribution system that is RAIDed across several data centers with resources that are in a completely different league than a dedicated server system. However, I don't have the time currently to look into what it is exactly, so i'm guessing i'm only half right (and it's before 6am right now).