Steam sale and downloading issues prompts CDN expansion

Dark0ne

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been reading about all the download problems for a week now but I haven't experienced any problems at all myself even though I've been D/Ling dozens of mods every day to catch up for my latest builds of FO3, FONV and Skyrim. I do this every year at this time and in the past, during Steam sales, I wasn't even able to access the site at all, so I'd say you guys are doing a great job there!

Perhaps my lack of problems is due the Premium servers (in which case everyone should go Premium!) but I think that it has more to do with the fact that I only download manually by clicking the title of the mod on the Files page and then installing offline.

I have a feeling that all the extra server work involved with all the automatic download-and-install- and-update mod managers isn't doing your servers any favors.

Perhaps my lack of problems is due the Premium servers (in which case everyone should go Premium!) but I think that it has more to do with the fact that I only download manually by clicking the title of the mod on the Files page and then installing offline.

It definitely is because you're a premium user. I know it because I do the same thing you do, yet I've been unable to download some of the newest Oblivion mods for more than 30 hours. Furthermore, even if I didn't knew it I would still believe it because, no matter how you look at it, it simply makes sense.

In response to post #16179880. #16180815 is also a reply to the same post.

well, I added the mods I want to my favs so I could find them again easily today, and retry to download.
worked great, still cant download them, but I recommend doing this actually for anyone who is having similar problems...

but unfortunately 2 of the mods I wanted are no long on the nexus... awesome
file not found
Edited by callmepopy

It's probably hard to anticipate Steam having the vanilla Skyrim on sale for $4.99 and Legendary for what is it, $13.99? I felt a little put out having to manually DL, which wouldn't have been a problem but I just got a new PC and was downloading a ton of stuff...even so it wasn't too bad. I feel for the members who don't have access to the premium servers. It's good to hear you guys are on it and want you to know I appreciate all the hard work(and expense) put in on upgrades :)

In response to post #16206765.

The premium servers aren't immune. I waited for two hours for a file to download today on a premium server. I mean, it took two hours for it to download, not that I took two hours trying to get through for it to download. Edited by llamaRCA

I'm one of the new ones getting into Skyrim, and modding, thanks to the Steam sales - also picked up Fall Out New Vegas (woot!).

For me it's only been the past four days that have been extremely bad when downloading. It is a funny thought to be intimidated by a 100,000+ kb file cause it could take anywhere from 10 minutes to a hour(s). But as long as it connects and begins to download, even terribly slow, I can deal. Thursday, though, I came across so many errors and couldn't download much of anything.

So far I haven't come across any errors this morning, just super slow download speeds of 15kb - 75kb.

Hope everything works out with the CDN.

Thank you.