Virus scan reports now visible on file pages, more security incoming

Dark0ne

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #16500929. #16516979 is also a reply to the same post.

Just use adblock or equivalent for your browser. Ran into that issue my first visit to the nexus some time ago, luckily it was a browser hijack that was known and my software of choice had already blacklisted the url in question.

In response to post #16560239. #16560544 is also a reply to the same post.

The passwords are not stored in our database. What we store is the result of a very complex set of mathematical functions. Every time you insert your password we run those functions again and check if the result is the same as the value we have in our database.

Even if someone could access the database the password is not written anywhere and in order to get it back by running that math function in reverse they need months/years for *each* password. This makes it extremely inconvenient for an attacker to try and steal a password by hacking the database.

For the tech-savy: your passwords are hashed and salted several times.

In response to post #16560239. #16560544, #16578674 are all replies on the same post.

And to add to Axel's response. No, we have never had access to you passwords, and we have not been able to upload files to your account specifically. What we did have access to, was uploading files to you file pages.

I have a question about a mod I was using. I downloaded a mod called Daywalker. Very interesting mod.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/44223/?

She, (my character) was working just great and everything was fine until I decided to let Harkan do the vampire bite to change her into a vampire lord. Everyone in the game, all the nps'c recognized her as a vampire, but Harken did not. After the bite, she changed into the vampire lord form as was told to do by harken, but that was it. The character menu was not available and neither was the quick slots for her powers. She could not change back into human form nor could she change into bats, nothing but being stuck in that vampire lord form.

I decided to upload a different character, a Nord and when I did, she was in the view where you could see her. (I always get 1st and 3rd person mixed up.) The wheel on the mouse did not work, and I could not rotate around her for that did not work. I switched to the wired controller, and the sticks did not work, and it was the same thing. (I use a wired controller to play). The map bar at the top of the page did all the rotating by not the view itself. Hope that made sense.

It ended up that I had to un-install Skyrim and then re-install it, along with SKSE, and thankfully my modes were still there. I have de-activated and un-installed the mod, but every character I tried after that mod was totally messed up which was why I un-installed and re-installed Skyrim.

I do not want to take a chance on using any of my older characters, and now have to start a new character from scratch. I do not know what is going to happen when I get to Lord Harken again.

Could it be possible that this mod was "affected??" It is not a new mod.

EDIT: I should also mention that I am also having problems with this mod along with a few other people who are also having problems with it. I have de-activated and un-installed it also.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/22274/?

EDIT: I tried using the older SKSE and none of my old save still will not work.

Edited by ashleyclark

In response to post #16586459.

If you are using a custom race mod, this tends to happen with Dawnguard. The vampire lord was meant only for vanilla races, and so using a custom race messes up a lot of settings and even your saves. Delete all saves that had that mod installed and try making a new character.

In response to post #16586459. #16588674 is also a reply to the same post.

Thank you altamoor. I will do that, and I have already started a new character.

As for the Predator Vision, I went back to the older version of SKSE because it does not work with the new version. There are also posts on the mod's page from other people about it not working with the new SKSE.

Anyway, thank you very much for your answer. You can bet that I will be using any custom race mods again.

Is it possible for this new scan as you upload to make the upload fail ?

I just spent 3 hours uploading this file :

http://i.imgur.com/rXljKZP.jpg

The last time I updated VRT the new virus thing had just been introduced, and I was getting these file upload failures quite a lot ( it took eighteen hours to get 2 files uploaded which were circa 290mb each )

This is my first attempt to upload today, these files are Legendary versions including everything, so are significantly bigger than the last options uploaded ..

Is it just a bad day for uploading, or is it the virus scan causing additional technical hitches ?