Downloading issues update

Dark0ne

In response to post #17004464. #17009769 is also a reply to the same post.

Well, the thing is, when all NMM got problem with the Trojan thing, I tried playing Fallout: NV and, it f*#@ed up my NVSE, so I needed to configured it again, and it worked. But, I'm just worried that if I uninstall and re-install NMM, do I have to download all my mods for all my game??? Because, I was planning to get Dawnguard, Hearthfire and Dragonborn for Skyrim and, I wonder if this could also ruin my game. I hope i'll get my answer soon, because when this started; actually, when all that Trojan thing started, I've stopped playing FNV, which I ad alot of fun playing. So I'm waiting to have my answer as soon as possible so I could go play my game to see if everything is not f*#@ed up.

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #17004464. #17009769, #17013499 are all replies on the same post.

@portertubby:
- So, let me get this straight; you downloaded one of the infected files when the virus was floating around, thus getting a trojan on your computer?

- What caused NMM to stop working (updating, deleting some files, etc.) ?

@leothelionking:
Have you tried rescanning for games?

In response to post #17004464. #17009769, #17013499, #17014189 are all replies on the same post.

@Zaldiir: Well, you know they showed a list of mods thar we're infected like SkyUI, Project Nevada, etc. well, should I delete them, try opening NMM and re-install them. Or should I delete them, uninstall NMM, re-install NMM, then re-install those mods, which I hope they are no longer infected. But, what should I do??? Thus, even if those files we're infected, I never gotted a Trojan on my computer. All I had was the message where there was a new update, and unfortunately, I downloaded it. So, what should I do??? Also, what stopped NMM to work is maybe the update. How to solve this ??? Idk please help. Because all in those system moddifying «things», I'm not so good at it. So if you could clear me out on this, it would be generous of one of you to help me.

In response to post #16954884. #16957054, #16977634, #17000409 are all replies on the same post.

Darn, I hoped that would work.
When you download NMM, click Save instead of Run. After it has downloaded, right click the installer and select run as admin. After it has installed, right click the shortcut and select Run as Admin again. That should give it permanent Admin status.

If that doesn't work, I guess you will need to use Direct Download and use OBMM or Wyre Bash to install the mods. Wyre Bash is for advanced users, so don't use it if you are not a modder.

I'm having an issue where it's impossible to download anything. Whenever I press either NMM or Manual on a Mod page nothing happens. It just takes me to the bottom of the same page. Also it won't let me view comments or go to the download page itself.. anyone else having this issue?

EDIT: Turns out it was a new Plugin I'd installed stopping the downloads for some reason.. deleted it and everything's working perfectly again, so that means I still haven't had a single issue with Nexus to blame them for! Thanks guys! You're awesome!

Edited by Guest

I use nmm 49.8 because whenever I try to update it since I tried the 50.3 version, no version except 49.8 even gets past the nexus logo loading sign I get nmm has encountered an error and needs to close, windows will try to find a solution and tell you if a solution is found. before I tried the 50.3 version I had gotten the version with 50.2 to work, but it and the 50.0 and 51.0 now get that message. I have it set as run as admin, I have tried to put it in windows firewall and in avast application rules since I couldn't find an exclusion list. ran ccleaner between each install, run the net framework verification tool to verify that I have 4.5.1 net framework and still it won't fix that bug. any ideas. luco81 said it might be a problem with net framework and I don't know what else to do to find the problem other then verifying it. I don't know how to find issues in net framework.

It makes no sense that things would be slower for you because 19 of the file servers are exactly the same as the ones you used before as a normal member, just uncapped, with 2 new servers for Premium Members only. There's no logical reason you'd have slower downloads than you did before.

However, I hate having people Premium who are unhappy with having gone Premium, so if you can't make it work for you then the no-questions-asked refund is just a "Contact Us" form submission away.

I thought I'd get myself a month of premium (which I did) to boost all download speeds so I could just get my game modded on a new computer.

I get slower speeds since I payed and I have to reboot the download every fifteen seconds. thef*#@.

Have you selected the Premium server for your area?
When they made the switch to the new system, I missed that part that says to select a premium sever.
I just saw USA in the box and went with that, not noticing that there is a pull down menu, that will allow you to select the Premium Server for your area.
You can select that here in Your Preferences Area.
When I missed that selection, and just saw the USA and left it that way, it defaulted to a Non- Premium server.
I had the Exact Same Things Happening To Me, as you have said and that was the cause of it for me, and Not Selecting a Premium Server was the culprit, which was fixed completely once I saw my error.
I hope that helps you. :smile: