Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a question about classes and subclasses. Is there a way for me to check if an ObjectReference is specifically an Actor?

For the moment let us assume that you have an ObjectReference stored in a variable called ObjR. You would do the following condition check:

If (ObjR as Actor)
;stuff to do when ObjR is an actor
EndIf

I think the standard to use is Debug.SendAnimationEvent(PlayerRef,"IdleForceDefaultState") to stop animations.

However, I believe you can and should use PlayerRef.PlayIdle(IdleWarmHands) instead of SendAnimationEvent for warming your hands, as SendAnimationEvent can supposedly cause issues. If you go through with that you can use PlayerRef.PlayIdle(IdleStop_Loose) to stop the animation. Note that IdleWarmHands and IdleStop_Loose are properties you need to fill with your script.

Thanks for the tips IronDusk33, that sounds better! I try to test it today.

as SendAnimationEvent can supposedly cause issues = what kind of issues can we have with that?

Thanks again.

hey guys, i need your help! :ermm:
i have reinstalled my windows 7 on C:\
i left my skyrim and nexus stuff at I:\ (Game runs normally)

i told nexus where to find all the mods that i have installed.this works good. but know nexus is telling me all my mods aren´t installed.(see link bellow)
somebody an idea where i can find the modmasterlist? and will this solve my problem?
regards!

http://www.bilder-upload.eu/show.php?file=0c1c1f-1461872748.png

I think the standard to use is Debug.SendAnimationEvent(PlayerRef,"IdleForceDefaultState") to stop animations.

However, I believe you can and should use PlayerRef.PlayIdle(IdleWarmHands) instead of SendAnimationEvent for warming your hands, as SendAnimationEvent can supposedly cause issues. If you go through with that you can use PlayerRef.PlayIdle(IdleStop_Loose) to stop the animation. Note that IdleWarmHands and IdleStop_Loose are properties you need to fill with your script.

as SendAnimationEvent can supposedly cause issues = what kind of issues can we have with that?

Thanks again.

Well SendAnimationEvent bypasses all checks, which could interfere with other mods that use animations. Also on the Creation Kit wiki the SendAnimationEvent page lists these notes:

• This bypasses the check on ObjectReference that prevents sending events to actors. If you use it to send an event to actors, you will most likely mess up the actor permanently as the internal actor data may no longer match their animation state.
  • Animation Event's will actually cause the actor to perform the action associated with it. For example, sending the animation event "AttackStart" will cause the reference to perform an attack. Anything in front of it will get hurt. This example is true for all animation event's. For example, sending the "DeathAnim" will actually kill the actor.

In general I simply prefer to not use it if I can avoid it, but then I'm probably paranoid. Then again being paranoid with a modded Skyrim is usually the best way to not break your game.

Thanks again.

Well SendAnimationEvent bypasses all checks, which could interfere with other mods that use animations. Also on the Creation Kit wiki the SendAnimationEvent page lists these notes:

• This bypasses the check on ObjectReference that prevents sending events to actors. If you use it to send an event to actors, you will most likely mess up the actor permanently as the internal actor data may no longer match their animation state.
  • Animation Event's will actually cause the actor to perform the action associated with it. For example, sending the animation event "AttackStart" will cause the reference to perform an attack. Anything in front of it will get hurt. This example is true for all animation event's. For example, sending the "DeathAnim" will actually kill the actor.

In general I simply prefer to not use it if I can avoid it, but then I'm probably paranoid. Then again being paranoid with a modded Skyrim is usually the best way to not break your game.

I do not even read this page, why :confused:? that's not good, I prefer safe modding practice too!

And by following your previous advice I can now play my idle and return to normal by using: PlayerRef.PlayIdle(IdleStop_Loose)

Thanks for your reply and your help IronDusk33 :thumbsup:

Will having a perk on generic NPC's like Forsworn, Bandits, Falmer and so on with a cumulative 10 'AND' condition checks between six entry points on said perk cause a lot of strain on the engine and make funny things happen when there are a lot of these npcs around? The thought being that 10+ NPC's with 10+ checks per = problems.

Would test myself but I am away from my workshop computer for a few days and just spit-balling some ideas.

Edited by Darthsith

What unit of mesurement is used in procedures to determite distance? With Cloak-Spells it seems something like "magnitude looks like distance in feet ingame", but procedures seem to work entirely different.

For example: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Follow_%28Procedure%29

MinRadius: Specifies the closest that the following actor should be to the target. If too close, the follower will not walk.

I used 32.0 here for an NPC-Package, that should follow the Player with a little distance between them, I Figured this to be a little more than 10 meters, yet the NPC with the package tries to stand on my characters feet.

Anybody got a clue ?

What unit of mesurement is used in procedures to determite distance? With Cloak-Spells it seems something like "magnitude looks like distance in feet ingame", but procedures seem to work entirely different.

For example: http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Follow_%28Procedure%29

MinRadius: Specifies the closest that the following actor should be to the target. If too close, the follower will not walk.

I used 32.0 here for an NPC-Package, that should follow the Player with a little distance between them, I Figured this to be a little more than 10 meters, yet the NPC with the package tries to stand on my characters feet.

Anybody got a clue ?

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Unit

That may or may not prove useful. I once saw a developer mention in an article where he was interviewed say this:

"Skyrim has two measurements of space, units and feet. 128 units = 6 feet. Spells use feet, explosions, ai packages etc use units."

(I copy and pasted it into a text doc so I would not forget).

Edited by Darthsith

http://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Unit

That may or may not prove useful. I once saw a developer mention in an article where he was interviewed say this:

"Skyrim has two measurements of space, units and feet. 128 units = 6 feet. Spells use feet, explosions, ai packages etc use units."

(I copy and pasted it into a text doc so I would not forget).

Thank you very much!