Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

What is calling your "SomeFunction()" function? Why not use the OnInit() event instead of creating a custom function?

SomeFunction() on the wiki is just an example. It is psuedo code to show that the registration needs to take place before you can have the event actually work.

God that's embarrassing, I should know better. I shoved it in an OnEffectStart() event instead but I don't think it'll help even if that's wrong. Most idles can't be registered by the event.

• As v1.4.23 of the CK, not every Animation can be registered. Only some animations that related to vanilla Quests can be registered and called via OnAnimationEvent. Some working Animations are:
    • SetRace
    • IdleFurnitureExit
    • T02Ascend

I'm trying to check for SneakStart(the silent roll animation). I couldn't figure out any other way to check for it other than multiple key presses, but that's the dodgy way.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is calling your "SomeFunction()" function? Why not use the OnInit() event instead of creating a custom function?

SomeFunction() on the wiki is just an example. It is psuedo code to show that the registration needs to take place before you can have the event actually work.

God that's embarrassing, I should know better. I shoved it in an OnEffectStart() event instead but I don't think it'll help even if that's wrong. Most idles can't be registered by the event.

• As v1.4.23 of the CK, not every Animation can be registered. Only some animations that related to vanilla Quests can be registered and called via OnAnimationEvent. Some working Animations are:
    • SetRace
    • IdleFurnitureExit
    • T02Ascend

I'm trying to check for SneakStart(the silent roll animation). I couldn't figure out any other way to check for it other than multiple key presses, but that's the dodgy way.

I don't have a copy locally, but I recall checking for the start and stop of some animations in the original single follower version of the "Followers as Companions" mod. Feel free to take a look to see if it may be of use.

Animation Catcher is great for finding a usable event (or sequence of events). There's a pretty hefty startup time to have the system try to register every event, but then you can try an action in game and check to log to see exactly which events did trigger an event. Dual monitor (or just running the game in a windowed mode) and real-time log monitoring is very handy.

I don't have a copy locally, but I recall checking for the start and stop of some animations in the original single follower version of the "Followers as Companions" mod. Feel free to take a look to see if it may be of use.

I'll check your mod out soon.

Animation Catcher is great for finding a usable event (or sequence of events). There's a pretty hefty startup time to have the system try to register every event, but then you can try an action in game and check to log to see exactly which events did trigger an event. Dual monitor (or just running the game in a windowed mode) and real-time log monitoring is very handy.

But if OnAnimationEvent() is working, just not for the animation I want it to work with, doesn't that mean I need to find a different method?

But if OnAnimationEvent() is working, just not for the animation I want it to work with, doesn't that mean I need to find a different method?

As I said there might actually be a unique sequence of events that you can use to detect it instead of just one. It may not work but it's probably worth a try.

As I said there might actually be a unique sequence of events that you can use to detect it instead of just one. It may not work but it's probably worth a try.

Fair enough.

• SetRace
    • IdleFurnitureExit
    • T02Ascend

Had a look through, you didn't include the source files so I was limited. The closest I found was a package condition, IsSneaking.

Edit: Ah, they're just packed in the bsa. Looking through now.

Alright, I went through it and I didn't see anything that could help me.

Edited by Elias555

I'm using Mod Organizer and want to setup my skse.ini. Should I just create it in my /data/skse folder or should I import it as part of an archive?

Whichever you prefer. The easy way is to get SKSE ini pre-download for lazy users or one of the other pre-built ini files and let MO handle it. If you're going to make it by hand or edit it then you might as well just put it in the main game folder by hand. In either case you really aren't going to need MO to handle conflicts, so it's just a matter of whichever way you find easiest.

I want to make 3 new crafting stations:

A spinning wheel (model by Stroti?) to weave linen

A kettle to dye the cloth in

And a table to "sew" it into clothes.

Can someone please message me a tutorial or three on how to do that?

Also, is there a way to make the various field camps permanent placements, rather than just appearing in relation to the civil war quest?

Edited by dpgillam