Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

I just had to wipe my boot disk and start over. I thought that I had saved all my downloaded Mods to a different drive but I just realized one fairly important one is missing. Unfortunately I don't remember its name!

Basically it was paired with a Dragon Shout. When I shouted, I would be taken to a large room with several exceedingly rich merchants as well as sundry acouterments such as a forge, blacksmith worktable and grindstone, alchemy and enchanting tables, etc.

I would really appreciate it if someone would give me the name (and a link) for this mod! It had gotten really convenient to be able to go to a merchant any time I needed to and then return right fromn where I had left from. Now I must either interrupt my game play to go visit a limited number of impovershed merchants or leave something behind. Hopw will I ever be able to finish my self-imposed quest of "Leave nothing behind" if I don't get this mod again!?

Post this in the Mod Detectives theead please.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If an AI Package has a Condition

GetRandomPercent < 25.00

Won't it just fire after being evaluated a few times? This is a question thats been bothering me for a while.

Or will it upon not firing just skip the package until its Duration is over?

If the GetRandomPercent falls between 1 and 24 the AI Package will fire once and the NPC will begin doing that package, but the AI Package will almost immediately reevaluate and have to pass that percentage check again to continue. If it fails at any time, it will simply fail the package and move to the next one, stopping whatever the NPC is doing. Try instead to randomize the procedures INSIDE the package itself instead of randomizing the package. So for instance if you are trying to randomly have an NPC go to X Y or Z location, simply have 1 AI package which has three random locations and durations instead of trying to randomize three packages

If an AI Package has a Condition

GetRandomPercent < 25.00

Won't it just fire after being evaluated a few times? This is a question thats been bothering me for a while.

Or will it upon not firing just skip the package until its Duration is over?

If the GetRandomPercent falls between 1 and 24 the AI Package will fire once and the NPC will begin doing that package, but the AI Package will almost immediately reevaluate and have to pass that percentage check again to continue. If it fails at any time, it will simply fail the package and move to the next one, stopping whatever the NPC is doing. Try instead to randomize the procedures INSIDE the package itself instead of randomizing the package. So for instance if you are trying to randomly have an NPC go to X Y or Z location, simply have 1 AI package which has three random locations and durations instead of trying to randomize three packages

Thanks a lot, much appreciated!

Quick navmesh question.

Problem: Some (let's say) bandits (Very Aggressive, Enemy faction, default AI packages) seem to be holding their position and absolutely refuse to cross an imaginary line at an _opened_ (non-load) door.

Navmesh is set up correctly, there is no navcut box, no clutter in the way. I checked some vanilla cells for comparison and I do not see any differences. The navmesh is finalized and/or there is no cell-crossing necessary.

Quick navmesh question.

Problem: Some (let's say) bandits (Very Aggressive, Enemy faction, default AI packages) seem to be holding their position and absolutely refuse to cross an imaginary line at an _opened_ (non-load) door.

Navmesh is set up correctly, there is no navcut box, no clutter in the way. I checked some vanilla cells for comparison and I do not see any differences. The navmesh is finalized and/or there is no cell-crossing necessary.

Did you check if these bandits have an Aggro Radius behaviour set at their AI Data?

Did you see the custom assets part?

I see...I didn't understand what was needed. I will give that a try, thanks.

A different question: how do I find out which World Region an exterior cell is part of? For example, if I wanted to change the weather in the World Region that surrounds LakeView Manor.

Bigbizkit: are the npc's TRYING to go through the doorway but just seemingly getting stuck at the door? Can you get through the doorway?

If yes to both check the navmesh and make sure that no vectors are yellow lines. Open up nav mesh menu and do a path check overlay to make sure the navmesh is wide enough for the npc to use the triangles in the archway

I just had to wipe my boot disk and start over. ...

Basically it was paired with a Dragon Shout. ...

I would really appreciate it if someone would ...

Post this in the Mod Detectives theead please.

Thanks for the correction/suggestion. Unfortunately I don't visit here often enough to stay on top of all the proper posting areas and couldn't find a better one after searching earlier.

Should I try to remove my original post since it's now basically in two places or do I even have that option? Perhaps just edit this post so it becomes a link pointing to the proper place?

BTW, the Skyrim - Mod Detectives topic, while fairly simple to find when I knew the approximate wording I was looking for was still non-trivial for someone "without a clue", which status I obviously fall into. If I ever need to do something similar in the future I have also noted that other games seem to have similarly worded topics in their forums. Good to know.

Thanks again for your help! :)

Bigbizkit: are the npc's TRYING to go through the doorway but just seemingly getting stuck at the door? Can you get through the doorway?

If yes to both check the navmesh and make sure that no vectors are yellow lines. Open up nav mesh menu and do a path check overlay to make sure the navmesh is wide enough for the npc to use the triangles in the archway

The vectors were all white so no overlapping of "outer navmesh" meaning it was all nicely connected. Also the navmesh was just as broad as the doorway, like two npc's next to each other. But when I did the overlay, it would not connect. So now, I made it a bit broader than the actual doorway and the testing overlay shows a connection. Let's see if it works now...