Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Other than making an alias for a book, checking Stores Text and Uses Stored Text, is there anything else needed to ensure that the book will use text replacement properly?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other than making an alias for a book, checking Stores Text and Uses Stored Text, is there anything else needed to ensure that the book will use text replacement properly?

Well obviously you have to use the proper semantics when you create the text, but other than that no.

I believe the quest has to be running when the book object is added to the world.

Question about spells/enchantments:

There are gun mods that have guns which are essentially staffs which use very fast projectiles and enchantments.

Two things about those: a) I think the very fast projectile causes the NPCs etc. to ragdoll away very far when they get killed by a gunshot. The "pushforce" for the projectile is set to low values. So, is it really the projectile speed that causes this and is there a way to prevent this? I mean, a gunshot should have some force to it, but the way it is currently a NPC that gets killed by a gunshot gets catapulted away like 50 meters.

b) Seeing how the gunshots are enchantments, spellcaster NPCs use the ward spell against gunshots. For whatever reason, they happen to block the shots 100% even though the shots are pretty strong enchantment-wise (100 flat damage, no resist value). And the enchantment tap has no "ignore spell absorb" or similar. So, is there a way to prevent them from being completely blocked by ward spells?

Short question:

There is a "caltrop.nif" in Skyrim - meshes (crow's feet). However, I cannot find anything in the CK that uses that mesh. No activator, no static, no moveable static. Am I missing something? Where are they? I wanted to make them into traps. Well, I assumed they already were but whatever.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I hope someone can help with CK / MO / Script Compiling. I can't get it to work at all.

I followed IsharaMeradin's post #17, here. I'm using Windows 7 64 bit. I got SublimeText (32-bit portable version), opened it, made a SublimePapyrus.ini that I've saved to the same folder where SublimeText exists (in my own "Modding Tools" folder /Sublime Text -- does it need to be in a Skyrim directory, instead?). I set up ST as it says in the CK Wiki. I also set ST to run through MO as an executable.

The only part of Post #17 I can't do is 1. Associate PSC files with SublimeText. Is this part important, or just for the convenience of being able to open .pcs in ST via right-click? I think this is because I'm on Windows 7 and ST is a Portable version. Also, there is no .psc file format when I open Programs -> Default Programs -> Associate a file type...

All I'm trying to do is make a RaceController script, as outlined on Page 17 of this guide so I can make a simple playable race. The instructions are copied below so you don't have to DL it to see:

We are going to add a new Script which will “Trigger” the Proxy we added to our Race earlier, and
we will “Connect” this Script with our new Form Lists.
7 a ) Open your “XRaceController” Quest, and In the Quest / Scripts Tab, click “Add”.
7b) Double-click “[New Script]”.
7c) In the “Add New Script” Window, fill in the Name Field with “XRaceController”.
Make sure the “Extends” Field is filled with “Quest” – this is usually the case by default - if it is not,
then type “Quest” in the “Extends” Field.
7d) Click “OK”.

Even after I've set everything up and set CK to run as 32-bit, when I "Click OK", the compiling window opens up and, at the end, returns a fail. I also tried compiling the .psc (there's nothing in it, it's just a title at the point of that instruction) in ST, but absolutely nothing happens. I also tried adding the code from further down in the instructions (not pasted here) to the .psc and hitting Build in ST, but still. Nothing. About ready to pull my hair out.

Have I missed something? Please help :/

Due to some recent changes made to the Creation Kit, they packaged all source scripts into a RAR file. You have to extract them for the compiler via CK or via Sublime Text to recognize them.

And to associate, right click, select Open With, choose Sublime Text and make it default.

Thanks Ishara, I will try this. Are vanilla source scripts needed for it to compile in general? Because I was working with other mods' scripts.

Matthiassagg -- that's the thing, I don't have a right-click / open with option for .psc files. Normally for files that have issues with this you'd go into the Associate menu like I said, but even that doesn't work. There's probably some command I can run to get them to be recognized but not sure.

Ok noob question here, sorry if it's asked before but i couldn't find it. How can i make a static of a single arrow? Usually when i make a static i just copy the nif location and use that for the static, but when i do that for arrows, for instance Weapons\Iron\IronArrow.nif the static will always show up as a full quiver instead of 1 arrow. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Ok noob question here, sorry if it's asked before but i couldn't find it. How can i make a static of a single arrow? Usually when i make a static i just copy the nif location and use that for the static, but when i do that for arrows, for instance Weapons\Iron\IronArrow.nif the static will always show up as a full quiver instead of 1 arrow. Anyone? Thanks in advance.

Are you sure that you used the nif from the ammo category?

If yes, try go models or world models.