Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently installed an armor mod and I wonder if there is any way to have this mod installed in one game but not on another one.

Yes. This is called "Profiling". AFAIK, MO and NMM are capable of profiling. Wrye Bash can also provide similar to Profiling. You can also use Steam Folders for multiple installs, if you wish.

Edit: Nevermind... I figured out my question right after posting it. Sorry.

Care to share the question and the answer?

Sure... I had forgotten how to move something down until it hits a surface in Creation Kit (i.e. I had something I was trying to place on a table, spawned the item above the table and needed to move it down to the table's surface). I figured out that you select the item, then press F to move it down 'til it hits a surface.

Edit: Oh and yes, I know I could also just position it by holding Z while moving the item down or through the coordinates in the 3D data but that wasn't what I wanted.

Edited by Darkxenoth

Question: Is it possible to altogether control when the player can save and when they can't?

You can save for them, and I believe you can't save when you're falling or being damaged...? Edit: No, that's waiting. I don't think there's a way to stop the PC.

Question: Is it possible to altogether control when the player can save and when they can't?

You can save for them, and I believe you can't save when you're falling or being damaged...? Edit: No, that's waiting. I don't think there's a way to stop the PC.

Yea there is a function to request autosaves/regular saves. But I'm trying to implement a system that disallows the player from saving until they activate a shrine, which serves as a checkpoint of sorts.

But can u make the game think the PC is dead? I know for sure its not possible to save when the player dies. I remember seeing an IsDead flag in the wiki.

Edited by Di0nysys