Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi, I have created an interior cell with several smaller rooms - and I'd like for the player to be able to see a custom name on the door - saying XXXXX's room, YYYYYY's room etc. (much like it is in the Warrens in Markarth) - I know how to do that with teleport doors, but not with simple ones. Do i have to create new item by duplicating and renaming an existent door, or is there another, faster method? Thanks! :)

Another question:

- sometimes when I work in the editor, scenery peaces (cliffs buildings) simply become invisible. It's not a matter of not rendering when I move to a far away cell, I can zoom into the object and go to it's cell, it's still invisible.

I'm not touching anything on the keyboard. The only way to fix it is to duplicate the object and delete the original one.

- I changed the ground height level and now I have floating grass/rocks. Any way to get rid of them?

Hi, I have created an interior cell with several smaller rooms - and I'd like for the player to be able to see a custom name on the door - saying XXXXX's room, YYYYYY's room etc. (much like it is in the Warrens in Markarth) - I know how to do that with teleport doors, but not with simple ones. Do i have to create new item by duplicating and renaming an existent door, or is there another, faster method? Thanks! :smile:

I believe that you will have to duplicate and rename. It may be possible to do by script, as well, but I know very little about scripting.

Another question:

- sometimes when I work in the editor, scenery peaces (cliffs buildings) simply become invisible. It's not a matter of not rendering when I move to a far away cell, I can zoom into the object and go to it's cell, it's still invisible.

I'm not touching anything on the keyboard. The only way to fix it is to duplicate the object and delete the original one.

- I changed the ground height level and now I have floating grass/rocks. Any way to get rid of them?

-This is a really annoying thing that the CK does sometimes. Just press F5 with the world view window active and it will refresh it. Unfortunately, the items will probably disappear again eventually, so you may have to refresh a lot.

-As far as I know, you will need to either click on each floating object and delete it or look down on the area and click and drag to select all objects in the area, then delete them all at once.

Does anybody know how to edit skeletons(not the enemy, the thing that controls bodies)? I really want to make all races have different bodies, and I figured that changing the skeleton would be the best way to do it without converting every armor 20 times.

Hi, I have created an interior cell with several smaller rooms - and I'd like for the player to be able to see a custom name on the door - saying XXXXX's room, YYYYYY's room etc. (much like it is in the Warrens in Markarth) - I know how to do that with teleport doors, but not with simple ones. Do i have to create new item by duplicating and renaming an existent door, or is there another, faster method? Thanks! :smile:

I believe you have to duplicate.

Another question:

You should definitely not be duplicating. That is a baaaad idea. Because then, in your ESP, you will have all these deleted>duplicated items/references that will be carried over into the user's game. Try pressing F5.

-This is a really annoying thing that the CK does sometimes. Just press F5 with the world view window active and it will refresh it. Unfortunately, the items will probably disappear again eventually, so you may have to refresh a lot.

-As far as I know, you will need to either click on each floating object and delete it or look down on the area and click and drag to select all objects in the area, then delete them all at once.

Grass and pebbles are non-selectable.

Grass and pebbles are non-selectable.

For that, I think you can recolor the terrain underneath to kind of 'refresh' it to recognize the new terrain level. Unfortunately, recoloring terrain is a really horrible process of trying to find out what color you can use in each square. Only a certain number of terrain colors are allowed in each square, and if you try to add one that puts the square over that number, the terrain you paint turns black. Undo is really useful, but it is still time-consuming and annoying.

On the other hand, you can just save it with the floating grass and pebbles and see if they are actually floating in-game.

I have the following in a script attached to a ring:

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
	Input.TapKey(Input.GetMappedKey("Tween Menu"))
	DarkxCurrLoc.MoveTo(Game.GetPlayer())
	UtilityMenu()
EndEvent

The 'Input.TapKey(Input.GetMappedKey("Tween Menu"))' is there so that the inventory (or favorites) menu/screen gets closed automatically before my menu gets displayed... however, I've found that this is counterproductive with equipping the ring with a hotkey after having favorited the ring. How would I make the script check if a menu (such as the inventory) is open?

I have the following in a script attached to a ring:

Event OnEquipped(Actor akActor)
	Input.TapKey(Input.GetMappedKey("Tween Menu"))
	DarkxCurrLoc.MoveTo(Game.GetPlayer())
	UtilityMenu()
EndEvent

The 'Input.TapKey(Input.GetMappedKey("Tween Menu"))' is there so that the inventory (or favorites) menu/screen gets closed automatically before my menu gets displayed... however, I've found that this is counterproductive with equipping the ring with a hotkey after having favorited the ring. How would I make the script check if a menu (such as the inventory) is open?

http://www.creationkit.com/IsMenuOpen_-_UI