Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Thanks! It worked flawlessly! I had resorted to attaching an object reference to the Seeking Knowledge quest script, because I didn't see the tab for "scripts" when I clicked on the door in the Midden. Guess all I needed to do was scroll right! On a related note, I set up a travel package that activates on Stage 74, which makes a Actor walk over in front of the Hall of Attainment. I noticed I needed to wait before she showed up, which is troublesome because her dialogue triggers the next phrase of the quest. Is there a way to move her over instantly? I don't want Players complaining about being locked inside the College.

Packages have always been a bit finicky for me, but I recommend disabling her, moving her to an XMarker the player cant' see but that is much closer, and then enabling her and having her do her package. Might not be possible depending on your situation, but you could try a bit of code after the stage is set that evaluates her package, a la:

VoT01.SetStage(74)
TravelingLady.EvaluatePackage()

You'd need to make an actor property for TravelingLady though. Or a ReferenceAlias property, in which case do this instead:

VoT01.SetStage(74)
TravelingLady.GetActorReference().EvaluatePackage() 

I hope that helps. Or you could try to boost her walking speed maybe? That would probably look a little weird though, so I don't recommend that.

Lastly, have you looked at the tutorials here and here?

And post here whenever you want. Plenty of people have been helpful to me, and I'm happy to return the favor.

http://www.creationkit.com/OnOpen_-_ObjectReference

seriously the wiki is the ONLY way to work in the ck when scripting

http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Papyrus

People who ask scripting questions that are easily answered there through a ctrl+f search should really invest some time into that site

I use it about 500 times a fricking day

But he may want to use OnActivate to send the script event slightly earlier, since some animation events for doors can take a bit. It's not a huge difference in time, but it could be better used for his script (though I have no idea).

Edited by Matthiaswagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if this really counts for a quick answer but.. I want to make a heterochromia eye set with one of them glowing, but I've never made an eye mod before. I imagine it involves CK, but I was wondering if anyone had done it before and could explain how. Goal is to mix two eyes and set one with a glow map.

Is there any easy way to make blocking perks work with wards, or would this be really hard?

Ditto for getting a ward to count as blocking for the damage reduction.

Lofgren could probably answer your question better, I'm no good with magic effects.

I dunno if this really counts for a quick answer but.. I want to make a heterochromia eye set with one of them glowing, but I've never made an eye mod before. I imagine it involves CK, but I was wondering if anyone had done it before and could explain how. Goal is to mix two eyes and set one with a glow map.

Do you want to create a new eye set or replace a current one? The latter is far easier, I would imagine, since it just involves retexturing a set. The former, as you said, likely revolves around the CK in the sense that you need to create the textures and then hook it up with the CK so it recognizes the eyes as a new set.

Do you want to create a new eye set or replace a current one? The latter is far easier, I would imagine, since it just involves retexturing a set. The former, as you said, likely revolves around the CK in the sense that you need to create the textures and then hook it up with the CK so it recognizes the eyes as a new set.

I was planning on replacing a current one if it was easier. If I could find a tutorial I would try to make a standalone but, I mostly want to know how for either.

Edited by Yojiru

I was planning on replacing a current one if it was easier. If I could find a tutorial I would try to make a standalone but, I mostly want to know how for either.

Then I imagine you would find textures for the set you wanted to replace, and retexture them, and make sure to save them with the same name. If you decide to release your mod, be sure to package it with loose files in the proper texture paths, to make sure it overwrites properly.

I recently installed the FNV stutter remover (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/34832/) and its worked wonders for game performance. Is there an equivalent mod for Skyrim? Preferably something on the nexus, so I can just use NMM, but I'd be grateful for anything at this point.

Oblivion had something like that too. Skyrim... Less so:

Skyrim Project Optimization - No detail loss, decent FPS boost

HiAlgo Boost - Huge performance boost, slight loss of detail, watermark in top right corner

Is there any easy way to make blocking perks work with wards, or would this be really hard?

Some yes and some no. I don't know if you can "bash" with a ward, so those perks wouldn't be reproducible. I also don't think you can sprint while maintaining a ward, although now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I've ever tried.

Exactly which effects are you trying to reproduce with a ward?

Some yes and some no. I don't know if you can "bash" with a ward, so those perks wouldn't be reproducible. I also don't think you can sprint while maintaining a ward, although now that I'm thinking about it I don't think I've ever tried.

Exactly which effects are you trying to reproduce with a ward?

I want it to reduce damage like a shield would, and apply elemental protection and deflect arrows. Ideally it would also level the block skill.