Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

Brawls are much too complicated for me to script. I came up with a much simpler method of attaching a delay to script processing, and removing the Player from those faction(s)/ remove the Crime Gold (if that even works). However, it won't hurt Vortex of Time that much if this doesn't turn out right, I have 4 more entrance exams, and I already got the Restoration one working properly. I'll download Vila, and see how she does it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brawls are much too complicated for me to script. I came up with a much simpler method of attaching a delay to script processing, and removing the Player from those faction(s)/ remove the Crime Gold (if that even works). However, it won't hurt Vortex of Time that much if this doesn't turn out right, I have 4 more entrance exams, and I already got the Restoration one working properly. I'll download Vila, and see how she does it.

If you happen to find out how to do it, posting your findings would be helpful.

That might sound complicated, but this tutorial should get you started, and I can provide assistance if need be.

Ok, so I did that tutorial last night, step-by-step, and thought everything would work like it's supposed to, but I ended up with a number of issues. I went back and double checked everything and couldn't find any problems on my end(doesn't mean they don't exist though), so before I dive in and start over, I want to know if that tutorial is still supposed to work? Maybe some things were changed in an update? I saw that they added the SEQ file requirement in an update, and I made one with TES5Edit, so that wasn't an issue.

I don't even want to get into troubleshooting it just yet because I have like 5 or more broken functions atm, first I just want to verify that the quest is still supposed to work before I start over.

Edited by EliteKhajiit

That might sound complicated, but this tutorial should get you started, and I can provide assistance if need be.

Ok, so I did that tutorial last night, step-by-step, and thought everything would work like it's supposed to, but I ended up with a number of issues. I went back and double checked everything and couldn't find any problems on my end(doesn't mean they don't exist though), so before I dive in and start over, I want to know if that tutorial is still supposed to work? Maybe some things were changed in an update? I saw that they added the SEQ file requirement in an update, and I made one with TES5Edit, so that wasn't an issue.

I don't even want to get into troubleshooting it just yet because I have like 5 or more broken functions atm, first I just want to verify that the quest is still supposed to work before I start over.

Yep, worked for me. Once you do find your issues, be sure to describe them.

There usually are issues that have to be ironed out.

Edited by Matthiaswagg

Well I guess the biggest issue is that the game isn't recognizing the thief alias. The thief is initially disabled and is supposed to be enabled when setstage 10 runs, but that just doesn't happen. This would explain why the game isn't placing the amulet in the thief's inventory when the thief reference is manually set to be enabled as well.

Try ticking the checkbox that will warn you when aliases don't fill. It's in the Quest Data tab. That way you'll know if that's the issue or not.

Is the thief reference an NPC you created, or does anything else reference it?

Where will that warn me? I checked it but I'm not seeing any warning when I load the ESP in the CK.

The thief if the reference of the "dirt thief" base I placed in Reachwind Eyrie. Basically I placed him there and made an alias for that reference. Then I made the amulet to be created in that alias.

Where will that warn me? I checked it but I'm not seeing any warning when I load the ESP in the CK.

The thief if the reference of the "dirt thief" base I placed in Reachwind Eyrie. Basically I placed him there and made an alias for that reference. Then I made the amulet to be created in that alias.

First make sure that the thief alias is above the amulet one in the list. And the message should show in your Papyrus log I believe.

Ok, I'm not seeing any related errors in the papyrus log.

Thought I'd try it on a clean game with no mods. Oddly enough, the quest doesn't even register in the game. Talking to bendu doesn't setstage 10, and the quest isn't even showing the console to set it manually.

Idk what I did to mess this up so bad, but I think I need to start over and go through the tutorial again. I could have done that twice by now with all of the trouble shooting I've been doing :confused: