Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

So, question about array creation based on this page in the wiki: http://www.creationkit.com/Array_Reference#Array_Creation

It says, "If you make an array property, then the Creation Kit will determine the size of the array by how many elements are put into it."

What does this mean? Looking at the page for "Property" doesn't clarify what an "array property" is. I'm trying to create an array of variable size and am running up against the immensely annoying limitation that Papyrus does not allow you to declare arrays with a size based on an integer variable. But this kind of sounds like I don't have to set the size if I am using an "array property? Is that so, and how?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there a mod that completely replaces all the vanilla armor with less skimpy UNP meshes? I don't need to see boobs and V all the time. Plus in my mind, less armor, means less protection.

Edited by NCRForever

Is there a mod that completely replaces all the vanilla armor with less skimpy UNP meshes? I don't need to see boobs and V all the time. Plus in my mind, less armor, means less protection.

Go in the mod detectives thread, this is for mod MAKING.

Yes. There are a few, best one might be the High Poly UNP with Bodyslide conversion from gamefever...best thing is you can use bodyslide if you didn't go with strictly UNP, or use a custom slider preset. ;) BTW, this high poly does make the armors look that much better.

Good luck.

Tell me please, in what way can I make custom NPC follow me? I mean, I don't want to make a real follower, but just force NPC to go after me. I'm new with Creation Kit and can't find it out by myself. Should I script NPC's dialog in some way or maybe use quest stages scripting for that?

Tell me please, in what way can I make custom NPC follow me? I mean, I don't want to make a real follower, but just force NPC to go after me. I'm new with Creation Kit and can't find it out by myself. Should I script NPC's dialog in some way or maybe use quest stages scripting for that?

I believe that you have to give this npc a package with a follow procedure, where the player is the actor that the npc must follow. I believe you can use a script or quest to start and end the package when needed.

So, question about array creation based on this page in the wiki: http://www.creationkit.com/Array_Reference#Array_Creation

It says, "If you make an array property, then the Creation Kit will determine the size of the array by how many elements are put into it."

What does this mean? Looking at the page for "Property" doesn't clarify what an "array property" is. I'm trying to create an array of variable size and am running up against the immensely annoying limitation that Papyrus does not allow you to declare arrays with a size based on an integer variable. But this kind of sounds like I don't have to set the size if I am using an "array property? Is that so, and how?

That WiKi page assumes you're filling the array with values using the CK. When you use the CK to fill a property that is declared as an array in its script you can add an arbitrary number of things to it and it is then set to the size needed to hold them.

Dynamic arrays aren't part of the game. The size has to be determined at compile time not at run time using the game's features (and there's a maximum size of 128). If you're thinking of using the script itself to find some values then declare an array large enough to hold them you'll need the functions added by SKSE (and those can create arrays larger than 128 too).