Quick Questions, Quick Answers

Mattiewagg

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few questions:

1. Does a "RegisterFor..." function in scripts continue over saving and loading? An example: a "RegisterForMenu" function is called, then the player saves, quits, and relaunches the game, would the OnMenuOpen event still be called properly, or would the "RegisterForMenu" function need to be called again?

2. If the "RegisterFor..." function does persist in saves, would uninstalling the mod that called that function cause issues, like papyrus spam or game bloat?

Yes, the SKSE RegisterFor... functions do persist. Uninstalling mods is NEVER a good idea, but those functions won't be the problem.

Some people think you need a "maintenance script" to re-register on every game load, but that's just a fail-safe in case someone foolishly tries to load the game without SKSE, saves, and then restarts with SKSE later. Given how many other things that would potentially break, I see no point in trying to cater to such bad gaming practices.

Hello. I'm looking for a script I can attach to NPC's that will make them despawn when you leave the cell/return to a cell.

Need this for a bandit den style player home I've made, want to allow you to take out the bandits and claim the place for yourself but don't want the bodies to linger. They seem to stay around forever for me.

Also looking for a simple pick up a note and 'go to location' kind of quest. Find lot of tutorials for quests that start at a npc and have you go kill someone, but nothing on just going to a location. (step by step would be nice as quests are my weak link) I know the script to attach to the note/book to trigger a quest.. it's making the go to part that I'm having issues with.

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I thought I had a good idea, to merge all of my armour and weapon mods into one single plugin, in TES5Edit with 1.9. I didnt think it would be too hard and shouldn't cause any conflicts or problems, but after I followed the instructions for using it through MO, my game became completely unstable. I'm not sure what i did wrong. At the end, after the plugin is created, do you disable the original mods in the left window or only the right window? I also many errors in the creation process while creating the plugin and I'm sure that was not good. I will try to do it again to copy the errors here if needed.

I'd also like to post my load order for anyone who knows of these things to do me a favor and take a look at. If you see anything wrong, out of order, patches missing, etc. please let me know. I know it's huge.... also, anyone know how post spoilers so it doesnt take up a huge space? I forgot how to do it. Thanks for any help friends.

JustaKing

I'm also getting error messages from DnyDOLOD saying cannot find files every few seconds.

What is the best way to find a txt version of your mod order in MO?

just thought I'd try asking these questions here, as I got no response in my own post. Maybe it was the wrong place to post it? I don't know, I seem to be clueless more often than not about things like this.

Hello. I'm looking for a script I can attach to NPC's that will make them despawn when you leave the cell/return to a cell.

Need this for a bandit den style player home I've made, want to allow you to take out the bandits and claim the place for yourself but don't want the bodies to linger. They seem to stay around forever for me.

Also looking for a simple pick up a note and 'go to location' kind of quest. Find lot of tutorials for quests that start at a npc and have you go kill someone, but nothing on just going to a location. (step by step would be nice as quests are my weak link) I know the script to attach to the note/book to trigger a quest.. it's making the go to part that I'm having issues with.

Thanks in advance.

There is the stock script: WIDeadBodyCleanupScript which is to be attached to UNIQUE actors. I'm not sure about non-unique actors.

Quests are not my strong point either, I'll let someone else answer that.

What sort of property should clothing be to add it to the player's inventory during a quest stage? If its outfit, I am doing something else wrong.

Anything that can be worn uses an armor form. So clothing should be under armor.

If I understand the question correctly.

What sort of property should clothing be to add it to the player's inventory during a quest stage? If its outfit, I am doing something else wrong.

Anything that can be worn uses an armor form. So clothing should be under armor.

If I understand the question correctly.

Wow, didn't even notice that property, thanks! That was exactly what I was asking, sorry if I didn't word that well lol.

(First i want to say, i'm not english, and i can write something wrong so, sorry about that)

Hey! I have a big problem with downloading mods for skyrim. Let's asume that, i find a new mod and i want to download it, i'm going into it, clicking on the "files" under the pictures, and nothing happens. Just nothing. I don't know, this is my browser error, or system error. I can't download nexus mod manager too. when i click on the button, it do nothing. Please for fast respond, i really want to download mods from there. Thank you in advance for your answers.